WARNING: NOT A HAPPY PAYING CUSTOMER HERE! I have the latest premium version that was updated some time this month, and it SUCKS WITH CAPITALS SUCKS! Why you do me like this MBAM!?  :angry: Whereas the previous premium version was discreete, non-intrusive and would update itself once in a while, this PREMIUM PAYING version FAILS EVERY FRIGGIN' DAY!!

EVERY DAY IT FAILS!! EVERY SINGLE DAY, I HAVE A STUPID POP UP TELLING ME THAT MY VERSION IS OUT OF DATE AND ASKING ME TO UPDATE!! Why do I care!? UPDATE IT YOURSELF!! That's what the previous version would do, it had a tiny, discreet pop up and would tell me "your version has been updated". Maybe once every 4 months it would ask me to install updates or whatever it is it would do, I don't know because it wouldn't bug me for updates.

If that weren't bad enough, EACH TIME I PRESS THE STUPID UPDATE BUTTON, IT FAILS!! IT DOES NOT WORK!!! IT HANGS OR FREEZES, but not polite enough to crash itself so I know. NO! Instead this STUPID PAYING PREMIUM VERSION LEAVES ME UNPROTECTED TO SURF THE NET WHILE IT HAS FAILED AND NOT TOLD ME. It just hangs there like limp noodle until I click on it to see what's up! :angry2:   I keep having to X out of this eyesore and relaunch it.

But wait!!! THERE'S MORE!! Yes, like a bad infomercial, there's more crap thrown at me: Every freaking day I now have a bunch of stupid pop ups telling me 'WARNING STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING, NON MALAWARE STUFF DETECTED" UGH! I go see and it's every day, SEVERAL TIMES A DAY, some stupid PUP! WHY IN THE HELL DO I NEED TO BE TOLD?? The old one would do its thing then ask me to quarantine and delete. WHY WHY WHY YOU DO ME LIKE THIS MBAM!? We are PREMIUM PAYING CUSTOMERS HERE!

And, you guessed it: there's more nonsense to contend with: THE BUTTONS TO QUARANTINE ARE DISABLED!!! Whereas the other button is lit and green, the "quarantine" button is disabled (gray on white) and it takes several times to click it to finally launch it to quarantine the PUPS! ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND ONCE I'VE WASTED ENOUGH TIME WITH THIS CRAP.... I DOES NOT TELL ME WHERE TO GO TO GET THE NON-MALWARE MALWARE DELETED! I've had to figure out by myself to go to "History" because I am brought to the dashboard and, folks, that's NOT where it's happening! :blink:

So not only do you need a PhD to operate the "new and improved' MBAM but this thing won't quit b*tching at me, day in, day out!!! It won't quit yapping! Everything the OLD VERSION USED TO DO AUTOMATICALLY, IT NOW YAPS FOR MY ATTENTION!!! :lol: What the puck, Zane!?

Hell yes, I am mad!!! Mad enough I had to create a stupid account on here!!! It took forever to find this stupid forum and find where to post this. Finally, for everyone's reading pleasure: I'M HERE!!!

:excl: MBAM DEVELOPERS, YOU GOT SOME 'SPLAININ TO DO! What the hell is up with this b*tchy version?? IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT BUT IF YOU FIX IT, THEN FIX IT!!! DON'T MAKE A PAYING CUSTOMER'S LIFE HELL, YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING!?

There. Rant over. And yes I feel better. I probably should have posted this weeks ago, when this hell started, before I was this disgruntled; normally I wait for stuff to settle down but this is overkill. I wonder how much resources this obnoxious version is taking. Enough is enough. Fix the darn thing. WHY DO I HAVE TO PRESS BUTTONS NOW, BUTTONS THAT ARE DISABLED, MIND YOU, to get this thing TO DO WHAT IT WAS DOING AUTOMATICALLY IN THE PAST?! HELLO!!!

This is my first time posting, I hope to get a reply from customer service, preferably with acknowledgment of all these problems and time by which you are going to take care of thsi nonsense and fix it. If my rant bothered you, save it! I don't care to read nonsense about my tone it is what it is. If you've had your work interrupted more than 10 times a day because of the stupid pop ups and MBAM failing, you'd be P.O'd too!

Hello and :welcome:

Things to try below...

If you are getting bombarded with messages about PUP, then your infected and need to clean up the computer....

To check if you are indeed infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank You

Wow, thanks  for a quick reply. :)
Ok before I try any of what you suggested, do I have to download more stuff?
Also you say

If you are getting bombarded with messages about PUP, then your infected and need to clean up the computer....

I thought MBAM was supposed to protect me?? I had my machine serviced, I have a good AV and the old MBAM. *IF* I am infected then that's due to MBAM freezing without telling me and leaving me unprotected without my knowledge. :blink:

Please try the following and let us know if this corrects your issue or not. - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

Why would I remove it?? Then I'd be without and have to pay again! :mellow: With how bad it's operating, I ain't paying again. (I no longer have my license or activation numbers because Yahoo deleted my account and that's where I had the  info saved).

So no, I can't do that. Besides I've had MBAM premium for years. All I did was press the upgrade button, why would it have been "unclean" when it upgraded? Any other tips?

OK I will try and answer your questions...

1. Yes there are a few tools you would have to download and run to provide the logs, they are not harmful. You would also download the latest version of Malwarebytes, preferable the BETA one as mentioned in item #4 above.

2. Yes you are protected to a certain point. Not one single product is 100% effective, there are many factors that come into play when one gets infected, anywhere from not having an updated computer to an infection being so new its not detected right away. The product is only as good as the person using it, for example I have computers that are protected, but when the software pops up and warns that user, that they probably shouldn't do something and they elect to ignore it or do it anyway, its going to get infected.

3. The reason you will be removing it is to clear all settings and files that may be either corrupt or not working properly. Also to get a fresh clean install of Malwarebytes with default settings. You will not have to buy it again, you simply re-enter your registration information to the new install, so have your info handy. You can probably still get your info by contacting cleverbridge and they can surly help you out (info provided below and if you were using version 1.x before we can retrieve that info from the registry but do not run the clean tool until we have the info)

As for having updated to the new version, some folks have had problems during the upgrade process, this is why we want to use the clean procedure to avoid that being the cause of your issue.

You should contact cleverbridge.....

If you lost your ID and License Key then send an email to: cs@cleverbridge.com

cs@cleverbridge.com

Phone: +1-866-522-6855

Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM (CST)

Also, their contact info can be found HERE.

When you get the email Print it out

Malwarebytes Tech support does not have any access to, or information pertaining to any sales\shipping\user account\registration issues.

You may also try and look up your product info at the cleverbridge Purchase Lookup Page

If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to post.

Or you can try the tool below and see it we can retrieve you ID and KEY. If this works make sure you keep the file in a safe place.

You can use the following program to save a text file copy of it on your desktop (this is a program written by AdvancedSetup which is an admin on this forum). You should have an email from Cleverbridge as well with this information. You should then copy this file off of your desktop to a more appropriate location such as your Documents folder.

GetMalwarebytesRegistration

Thanks

Thanks. For the record, I've done "clean installs" on other software like video players etc.. and it never solved the problem. I have found that to be a waste of time and (at the other forums who suggested that) it was a way for the mods to give a can answer and not bother with replies. So I appreicate your being personable and helpful here. I didn't expect that since I have dealt with software cos before: you give them your money and they leave you to fend for yourself and leave other users to flame you, hence my aggressive tone here. I didn't expect any help but wanted to know if anyone else was having the problem.

Now, I will try your solutions in a little while but the pop ups say NON MALWARE detected and the quarantine button is disabled, the one that's green lit is to ignore (I believe, not sure) so I do the safe thing, quarantine and delete.  I have read that the PUP are not malicious anyway so not sure why you'd say my PC is infected. It was infected years ago and had it professionally serviced and that point is also when I got MBAM permium.

Anyway thanks for your help, I have to be offline but wanted to take the time to thank you and sorry for assuming you guys don't care. I just wish the nonstop pop ups would stop. If I was infected before, your previous set up did not bother me one bit, all my scans from both MBAM and MSE are clean (other than PUPS on MBAM) so you understand why it does make any sense: it all comes from your new version, my machine hasn't change overnight so not sure why I would be infected.

But no my PC is not updated: I have been getting a pop up this month asking me to ugprade to Service Pack 2 (Vista) and I read about it, apparently I have to disable everything to do so and it could mess up my files etc so I haven't taken the time to back up and properly read about all the risks to upgrading. but I will soon. Unf. my experience with computers is that any upgrade is a downgrade and stuff starts failing fast; it's almost like they ask you to upgrade so  your computer faiils and you have to buy a new one. Not a conspiracy: this keeps happening. Considering you can no longer buy a laptop with my required specs, no thanks.

Anyway thank you again, will come back later on today to review everything and try your solutions and will post new questions then, if any.

Your welcome for the help, just so you know I am in no way affiliated with Malwarebytes, I am just a knowledgeable volunteer here and I am quite experience in its use.

I am in the computer field and I too have had my run-ins with tech support that make you go through hoops to get their software to work so I understand. I would try the solution I mentioned above, especially installing the beta version, but remember get your ID and KEY first.

If you like can you post some of your protection logs so we can see what its detecting? Also why not change your setting in Detection and Protection for PUP to Treat detections as malware, that should help when you perform a scan so they will be marked for deletion.

Let us know how it goes with the suggested steps, post the logs and we can help you sort it out.

As for updates, I know they are a pain to do and install, but it is unfortunately a necessary evil. Without installing updates you leave your computer open to vulnerabilities. So its important to install them.

Let us know how it goes...

To add to the great advice from Firefox I would highly recommend that you do not update Windows until the computer is clean from any infections as that could potentially interfere with the Windows update and possibly put the computer in a non bootable state.

Once the computer is clean then yes I'd recommend that you do install Service Pack2 and then go back and get all Critical Updates from Microsoft to further help prevent infection as well as fixing various issues they've found along the way in their code that can make the computer perform better overall.

Thank you both for kind replies. To first respondant: if you're not part of the staff, that's super nice of you to help like this, thanks again and sorry for my initial tone.

Now I have a HUGE problem: I believe the new malwarebytes failed my Firefox!!! Yesterday my internet (Moz FFox 28) crashed and when I relaunched it, it installed version 29 WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!! :-( But it just hung there, woud loop nonstop and not finalize.

To make matters worse, my IE is incompatible with Vista SP1!!! Everything is messed up, I cannot access Google, the graphics don't display properly etc. Everytime IE asks me to upgrade to 8 but I did a few years ago and that won't open: it's incompatible with either Vista or SP1.

Please bear with me because I am dealing with life-threatening illness and it's unfortunately affecting the brain. As I type, I am having terrible brain pressure (won't go into the irrelevant details here). All this to say: I have been at wit's end since last night trying to fix Mozilla but I can't! 

All this to say: I have been at wit's end since last night trying to fix Mozilla but I can't! I have spent countless hours on Mozilla support, perusing pages but it's all Chinese to me! :-( I am not a tech person so they say stuff that they don't explain and I don't know how to do it and each and every page (say how to fix Mozillla) refers you to another page (Uninstall Mozilla) which refers you to yet another page (save your profile) that refers to another page (find your profile) ad nauseatum but each page has lingo I do not understand so I am so stuck!

Here is what happened:  MBAM kept having those orange pop ups ref NON MALWARE THREATS and so instead of using the default "ignore all" I kept quarantine them (remember I said that button was disabled gray?) and then deleting them.

Well when Moz Ffox 29 launched it jung hung. I have done  4 system restores and neither MMBAM nor FFOx will fix themselves! I did 2 system restore undo. The bottom line: today I got the non-malware pop up again and I did ignore; just as the pop up went away i realize that the fake PUP threats were IN MY MOZILLA FOLDER which I finally found!!!

So I am guessing by telling MBAM to quarantine and deleete those fake "non malware" threats, I messed up Ffox??

Firefox gets a pop up that says "couldn't load XPCOM". Remember my IE (only browser left) does not work properly I can mainly only access ask.com for questions.

Anyway I also CANNOT UNINSTALL FIREFOX: NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN I go to Programs! NOthing, no pop  up! The uninstall does not do anything. So I went to the CCleaner uninstaller and that's disabled too!

So I did more research: I had Firefox as my default browser and I removed that and made IE the fdefault and I still cannot canNOT iunisnstall it. Please excuse typos, backkey does not work well here.

I finally found my PROFILE For Moz FFox and I do not know how to coyp it bc the instructions go from simple to tech lingo that I don't understand. I guess I can put that on an external device. But then what? Am I supposed to put the folder for Mozilla FFOX in the trahs and delete??

Please help: again, I am gravely ill and my computer is my only link to the world, I am isolated here and depend on my computer for all my health issues and order my medicine online etc.. If/when you help me please remember I need STEP BY STEP detailed info as I have a very limited understanding of all things computer. My laptop is very old and I no longer have support.

Sorry for making this so long and thanks in advance for your help!!!

PS: this mssg won't post, sorry if it comes through many times!!! I keep trying

Your welcome, from both of us... there are quite a few volunteers here and you will find that most, if not all of them are pretty helpful. AdvancedSetup is on the Malwarebytes staff and is a forum admin here.

I understand it can be quite frustrating dealing with computer problems... we all have had our fair share...

Now I have a HUGE problem: I believe the new malwarebytes failed my Firefox!!! Yesterday my internet (Moz FFox 28) crashed and when I relaunched it, it installed version 29 WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!! :-( But it just hung there, woud loop nonstop and not finalize.

Malwarebytes did not fail here, its not Malwarebytes job to monitor updates from your browser.  You have to disable that within Firefox.

To make matters worse, my IE is incompatible with Vista SP1!!! Everything is messed up, I cannot access Google, the graphics don't display properly etc. Everytime IE asks me to upgrade to 8 but I did a few years ago and that won't open: it's incompatible with either Vista or SP1.

Please bear with me because I am dealing with life-threatening illness and it's unfortunately affecting the brain. As I type, I am having terrible brain pressure (won't go into the irrelevant details here). All this to say: I have been at wit's end since last night trying to fix Mozilla but I can't! 

Well you did type quite a bit of info there, but since you are having this many problems with your computer it might be time to have one of the experts help you with your computer to see what is causing all these problems.  It is free of charge and they will walk you through the whole process.  Please follow the instructions below and someone will assist you. Please be patient as they do get busy in that section though... once you post there, do not bump or reply to your own topic until one of the experts picks up your topic....

Being that you are having many issues, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

Archived