Why pay a licence for 3 computers when we are Two persons & Two laptops?

ranita_moreno

This is my question and I am still waiting for a proper answer from Support.

We are a couple, my husband has one laptop and I have my own.

No children and no business use.

Just Private one.

Why must I pay a licence for 3 computers and only use it in two?

What do I do with the remaining one?

Why pay it every year for 3 and only use it for 2?

Somewhere in Malwarebytes web I saw the price for 2 computers (cannot find anymore were) and there's a difference of Two Euros.

Per year.

Peanuts?

Maybe.

But it's like pay 6 tyres for one car when I only need 4 rolling and one spare.

I want to pay for what I Do need.

My husband spent the last 30 years of his life running multinational companies from 3 continents - one american and the other japanese from Office Automation - and he also doesn't understand the "logic" of this commercial strategy.

That's the way the licensing now works.  Before it was one PC for life.  Now its subscription based but for three platforms.

Give a license (one) to Mom or Dad, Sister or Brother, etc...

On behalf of my wife, I answer.

If THAT'S THE WAY and I do not agree with it at all, based in 30 years in top management in multinational companies, maybe we will choose another software.

Poor Marketing & Sales Management from Malwarebytes makes feel worried about more of that.

J. Howell

P.S. - I asked to our dogs but none of them are interested in the un useful licence.

ranita_moreno:

I mean no offense but I think that is an obtuse POV. 

Just think of it as a yearly subscription price but it can be applied to three computers.  It's not like you go to a farmer's market and you get a "three for one sale" and you are FORCED to obtain three objects and you consume only two of them while the third is thrown away as "waste".

Why must I pay a licence for 3 computers and only use it in two?

What do I do with the remaining one?

Why pay it every year for 3 and only use it for 2?

The same reason one buy a car that holds seven people but there are only two drivers in the family.. ?? AND, one still has to change the oil and rotate the tires at least annually if not sooner.

Cheers,

Steve

disclaimer ...

i do not work for nor am i in any way employed by "malwarebytes" (et al) .

perhaps something that abraham lincoln said (paraphrased) may apply :

"you can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

mr. howell ,

as you have worked "30 years in top management in multinational companies" ...

certainly in that length of time you must have had experiences related to the above quote .

a person with your past should be able to relate directly to the sometimes seemingly "un-wise" thinking expressed by management .

as you are well aware , a company has to "make a profit" in order to continue to fund the sundry aspects of ongoing support and furthering the development of any product .

i do not know the percentages of individuals that own 1 , 2 , 3 and more computers .

i would however hazard that the data and logistics were considered and after due deliberation the "purchase plans" chosen reflect the best returns for the demographics involved versus service and support for the consumer(s) .

I have four lifetime licenses currently and i dont like subscriptions, however $25 a year for three computers is dirt cheap for as big a part of an antimalware solution as Malwarebytes is.

While the OP didnt state it well i tend to agree with liking to only purchase what i actually need.

Right now mbam pro for $25 for three computers is a good deal. That being said there were a ton of people trying to get lifetime licenses because a lot of people prefer to own rather than lease. I am one of them.

If malwarebytes anti exploit is an additional cost eventually that is applied to the subscription then the additional costs for unused licenses will probably turn people off to make additional purchases.

A standard price for a single license with a bulk discount would be a lot more attractive and a better value for people who need two or four licenses.

ranita_moreno:

I mean no offense but I think that is an obtuse POV. 

Just think of it as a yearly subscription price but it can be applied to three computers.  It's not like you go to a farmer's market and you get a "three for one sale" and you are FORCED to obtain three objects and you consume only two of them while the third is thrown away as "waste".

Great example.

It is like a farmer's market!

J. Howell

disclaimer ...

i do not work for nor am i in any way employed by "malwarebytes" (et al) .

perhaps something that abraham lincoln said (paraphrased) may apply :

"you can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

mr. howell ,

as you have worked "30 years in top management in multinational companies" ...

certainly in that length of time you must have had experiences related to the above quote .

a person with your past should be able to relate directly to the sometimes seemingly "un-wise" thinking expressed by management .

as you are well aware , a company has to "make a profit" in order to continue to fund the sundry aspects of ongoing support and furthering the development of any product .

i do not know the percentages of individuals that own 1 , 2 , 3 and more computers .

i would however hazard that the data and logistics were considered and after due deliberation the "purchase plans" chosen reflect the best returns for the demographics involved versus service and support for the consumer(s) .

It' is Not a a serious sales strategy, that I can tell you.

According to my experience and practice for 30 years.

For this kind of hardsale enough have Bill Gates and the the Microsoft "solutions".

On behalf of ranita_moreno.

Enough of this for me and I will not waist more time with this.

Malwarebytes can keep their products and we'll keep our money.

It's not because of two euros per year but a matter of Honesty and be Professional.

I prefer to give it to an homeless. Times 10.

There are other solutions in the market.

Over and out.

J. Howell

The same reason one buy a car that holds seven people but there are only two drivers in the family.. ?? AND, one still has to change the oil and rotate the tires at least annually if not sooner.

Cheers,

Steve

Already answered before you write it:

"

But it's like pay 6 tyres for one car when I only need 4 rolling and one spare.

I want to pay for what I Do need.

"