"Select All"

SSG978

I've been having my clients install either the free or purchase the pro version of MalwareBytes for at least three years now. It has allowed me to salvage my clients' systems from all manner of malware, adware, and hijack-ware. I love it and will always use it as long as the product remains and I do too!

I just have one minor constructive criticism - to wit, once a scan is complete and the list of malware appears (so far, my highest count has been 528), one must select each piece to remove, one-by-one. Would it not be possible to add to radio buttons on that screen that say, "Select All" and "Undo All?" When we get some high numbers, it is quite labor intensive to sit there and choose them individually.

Other than that, please keep it coming. I just updated to v.2, haven't even explored it yet, but will just keep on using it.

Thanks for one of the best support programs out there!

SSG978

Hi:

With so many detections, it sounds as if some/all of them could be PUPs?

What version of the program are you using?

If you are using version 1.75 you can just right click on one of the entries and then click on Select all items.
You can also edit the settings to automatically detect the PUPs AND to check them for removal:  http://blog.malwarebytes.org/news/2013/09/selecting-all-pups/

(The default setting is to detect them, but NOT to automatically check them for removal.)

If you are using Version 2.0 you would click on Quarantine All (there is a button in the lower left of the GUI in the scanner window).
For PUPs and PUMs (aka "Non-Malware) the wording has changed a bit from version 1.x. PUPs/PUMs/P2P had 3 options under that version:
"Do not show in results list" -- this is now "Ignore Detections" in version 2.
"Show in results list and check for removal" -- this is now "Treat detections as malware" in version 2.
"Show in results list and do not check for removal" -- this is now "Warn user about detections" in version 2.

More detail fom the version 2 User Guide:

Non-Malware Protection
In addition to malicious software detection and elimination, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware also detects and acts upon two classes of non-malware. These are Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP's) and Potentially Unwanted Modifications (PUM's). In many cases, PUP's appear in the form of toolbars and other application software which are installed on your computer as part of a bundle. You may have asked for one application, and it came with a second application that was not mentioned, -or- was mentioned, but you did not uncheck the checkbox next to it to prevent it from being installed at the same time. You may also want and use the PUP. We do not judge the merit of the program or its usability. We do offer a method of removing it if you choose to.
PUM's are a bit different. These are modifications that are typically related to the Windows registry. As a user, you will generally not be making changes to the registry that would qualify as a PUM — though the possibility does exist. Because it does, we allow you to define your own rules when it comes to how they are treated.
With regard to both types of modifications, we provide three handling methods within Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. These are:

• Ignore Detections: Malwarebytes will not act on detection, nor will you be alerted.
  • Warn user about detections: You will be alerted to the detection, and you may choose to ignore it, create an exclusion, or treat it as malware.
  • Treat detections as malware: The detection will be treated as malware, and corrective actions will occur.
While PUP's and PUM's are both handled in the same manner, each is handled according to separate guidelines which you specify.

Hope this helps,

daledoc1

• Root Admin

You can change the settings in the program to automatically mark detections for removal in the older 1.75 program.

You can also do Control-A to select all, though setting in under settings would be easier for some.

One should be looking at installing the latest version of the program as well.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=145758

There is also a beta out that corrects many known issue with the 2.0 release.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.2 Public Beta

[EDIT - I see daledoc1 beat me]