Upgraded to the new version

Greetings

I recently upgraded to the new layout/version of the program and now it will not work.

I try to update the database through the popup and on the dashboard and will not do anything when clicked on. It worked the first day i had it installed but now it wont update.

I found threats on the computer and tried to quarrentine them but ran the threat detector and the files that i tried to quarrentine are still there in the system.

Yes this is a premium account.

Any suggestions or a way to reinstall the old version?

Hi, Damios:

Welcome. :)

As you think you might be infected, it could be that the malware is preventing MBAM from running properly.

We can't work on malware diagnostics and removal in this sub-section of the forum.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks,

daledoc1

Try the NEWLY RELEASED BETA version. Many problems have been fixed. Here are the details:

We are very excited to announce the availability of the public beta for our next version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

This release is focused on bugfixing to make Malwarebytes Anti-Malware more stable, more user friendly and more effective against the latest, nastiest malware on the net.

You may download the new version from Box.com directly here.

Here's a brief list of changes:

Improvements:
• Changed some of the terminology used in scan results and scan logs to make them clearer
• Enabling or disabling self-protection should now be more responsive under most circumstances
• Each language name is now listed in its native tongue rather than being translated to make switching languages easier
• Blank window is no longer observed flashing on screen during startup and shut down of system when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is running in the tray on Windows Vista and newer operating systems
• Main program window now opens to the Dashboard by default to simplify navigation

Issues Fixed:
• Several crashes and BSOD issues fixed with rootkit scanning
• Scan speed improved with rootkit scanning enabled under some circumstances
• Rootkit scans should no longer hang indefinitely under certain conditions
• Compatibility issues with certain VPN client software fixed
• Protection no longer fails to start after upgrade under some circumstances when self-protection is active prior to upgrading
• Entire General Settings tab now responds to clicks correctly
• Several issues with Access Policy restrictions not restricting access as they should
• Editing the Access Policy password no longer results in restricted areas of the software being inaccessible when the correct password is entered
• Access Policy feature now functions when Bitdefender Total Security is installed
• Manual scan of individual files and folders using context menu scan feature in Explorer no longer results in the scan failing to run under certain circumstances
• Green checkmark status is no longer indicated when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is unable to reach update servers when attempting to update
• Text is no longer cutoff in the UI on Windows XP or when the 'Classic' theme is used on Windows 7
• Scan time is now reflected accurately at the end of a scan
• Quarantined objects remain listed correctly in Limited User Accounts when restoration of an object fails due to lack of permissions
• Some words in UI which were not translated into non-English languages now are when those languages are selected
• Driver left behind during uninstallation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is now removed as it should be when the product is uninstalled

@rwharold:

Thanks for your suggestion to try the new beta build.

Under normal circumstances, for minor performance issues with the program, that would be an excellent idea.

However, the user has clearly stated that he is infected.

As such, installing the upgrade on the infected system may not be successful.

Moreover, we are not permitted to work on possibly infected computers in this particular forum area.

@Damios:

I suggest that you please follow my original suggestions.

Your malware helper can assist you with upgrading MBAM and getting it running.

Thanks,

daledoc1

Since updating to 2.01.1004 I have noticed the context menu scan will not launch with my Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 machine. I downloaded a RAR file the other day that I wanted scanned before decompressing but couldn't get the cm scan to function. I'm assuming of course MBAM can context menu scan archived files like zip, 7zip, RAR, etc...  Since this is included as a bug fix in the change logs with this new beta I'll give it a spin to see if that corrects the issue.

Cheers, Ritchie...

Installed 2.0.2.1007 beta over top the old build and ran a (enabled in Settings) Explorer Context Menu Scan test on a small AVI file and the GUI will now launch showing the Dashboard but the file does not automatically get scanned. If you click on the Scan Now tab it just goes to the usual Threat Scan. For "Detection Options" all three of these have been enabled from the start. Is there something I'm doing wrong or a setting I'm missing to enable this feature? Or is this something you want to investigate further?