Entire Drive Lost after Malwarebytes repair

Hi,

I'm new to Malwarebytes and purchased 2 licenses a few weeks ago for our two home PC's.

I did that after I had an infection on my laptop - a Dell XPS, downloaded a Malwarebytes free edition which fixed it. I then decided to do a complete clean-up, so reinstalled Windows 7 using install disk to create new partitions etc. However the XPS allows dual drives, and my boot is a 90GB SSD with Win7 on, so I kept my second drive (750GB) as a data disk, but it was clear after Malwarebytes and AVG scans.

After rebuilding windows and installing MBAM and my apps all seemed great. I enabled all MBAM options.

However, last night on a reboot I got a blue screen, and after retrying was taken to windows recovery and guided to revert to a restore point. After that the XPS rebooted fine. Once back in windows I thought I better do a check so opened MBAM and noticed I wasn't "fully" protected anymore - something had changed the settings for live web protection and disabled it!

I went into settings and re-enabled it, then ran a scan. 2 Objects were found and I was asked if I'd like them repaired. I selected yes and they were repaired, then guided to reboot. Which I did, but when I logged back in my second drive had gone! Windows is asking me to format the drive!

Is there a way to recover this? I tried recovery disk but that doesn't seem to recognize anything on that drive. My boot drive (SSD) is fine though.

Not looking forward to formatting my entire data drive!

Please advise ASAP

Thx

Hello and :welcome: , mwituni:

Sorry to hear about the BSOD.
BSOD are usually the result of either hardware problems, driver issues or some severe types of infection (rootkits).

The types of powerful scanners and tools needed to diagnose and repair the damage from this sort of problem cannot be run in this particular sub-section of the forum.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware analyst will assist you, one-on-one, for free, with looking into the problem.

Thanks,

daledoc1

Hi:

There is free malware removal support in the malware removal section of the forum for any home user, whether or not they have a paid license for MBAM Pro/Premium.

I see that you have started a new topic there: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=147664

That's fine.

Many of the forum helpers are volunteers and the forum is quite busy.

So, please try to be patient -- someone will help you as soon as possible.

In the interim, please do NOT "bump" or reply to that post -- doing so will make it appear that you are already being helped and could lead to delay.

For users with paid, licensed versions of MBAM Pro/Premium, there is also free help via email at the consumer help desk here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/support/consumer/contact/

Either one is fine.

There is no need to seek assistance in both places, however. :)

If you prefer the forum, please notify the support team member who responds to your email support request.

If you prefer the help desk, then please notify AdvancedSetup via PM, so that your forum threads can be closed -- when you do, it would help if you could please provide both of these links.   That way, your forum threads can be closed, to prevent other users from hijacking them:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=147652https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=147664

Thanks for your patience,

daledoc1