Malwarebytes won't start

Guest 105234

Guest 105234

I tried restarting my computer and tried everything else but it won't start. 

I didn't want to uninstall and then reinstall since i don't want to lose my premium license. 

Really need help since i can't preform a scan or anything.

Thanks! 

Hello and welcome, 105234: :)

Sorry you are having problems getting MBAM to start, and that rebooting the computer didn't resolve your issue.

I'm not sure what you mean by "everything else". :unsure:
In any event, a clean reinstall is the easiest way to get up and running (assuming that something else isn't preventing the program from running, such as infection).

Cleanly reinstalling the program will not cause you to lose your Premium license.
You just need to have that information available and handy to re-enter it to reactivate the Premium features.

That information would be in an email from the MBAM e-commerce partner, cleverbridge, if you purchased online, or in the box (CD sleeve or card), if you purchased a boxed version of the software.

I would suggest the following:

Please post back and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

daledoc1

Guest 105234

Sadly i don't have the the codes anymore since i thought i won't have any use for it anymore.  So i won't be able to reinstall it. 
Is there anything else i can try besides reinstalling it? 

License ID/key: 

Where did you purchase it?

Option 1:

If you purchased online from MBAM store, contact info for the e-commerce partner is >>HERE<<.

They should be able to look up your transaction and retrieve your license ID/key.

You can always activate the free, 14-day trial of PREMIUM temporarily after reinstalling, while you sort out the licensing issue.

Option 2:

If you purchased in a box, the info would be in the box.

Option 3:

Review the information >>HERE<< for details about how to retrieve the license ID/key from your computer's registry.

NOTE: This only works if you had a paid, licensed MBAM version 1.x installed at some point on the computer.

Once you have the license ID and Key, follow the steps for the clean reinstall  >>HERE<<.

If none of that works, and you don't want to purchase another license >>HERE<<, about the only other thing I can suggest is to follow the steps in this pinned topic: Diagnostic Logs

Then post back with the logs attached to your next reply.

The staff/experts will review them to try to determine what's going on.

HTH,

daledoc1

Could i do 3 since i don't want to buy it again... ?

Yes, but only if you had MBAM version 1.x installed on the computer at some point.

If this is a fresh install of MBAM 2.x on a computer that never had version 1.x, then it will not work (because version 2 does not store the license ID/key info in the registry).

You might want to print out the instructions before starting.

Then just take your time and carefully follow the steps >>HERE<<.

Also do i do both the diagnostic scans or just one of them and then just post it here?

Otherwise, you'll need to post back with the diagnostic logs.

You would do BOTH scans (mbam-check and FRST) and would post back with all 3 logs they produce.

Again, please just take your time and follow the instructions.

Thanks,

daledoc1

I ran the mbam checker and didn't get any get the .txt.

All it did was open up cmd and then it would close in like a sec or so and that's about it...

Please delete the copy of mbam-check from your computer, reboot (and make sure you are logged in to Windows with an admin account), download a fresh copy and try again (perhaps right-click on the exe file and "run as administrator").

If it doesn't run again, then we'll need to wait for an expert forum member or staff to review your other logs and advise you further.

As it is very late in the US, where most of us are based, AND it is the weekend, please be patient and wait for someone to reply.

Thanks,

daledoc1

Guest 105234

Just finished rebooting and ran the mbam checker and it didn't work, i got the cmd little screen but then it disappeared instantly. As well as i didn't get the .txt file...

Well, sorry that didn't work.

Something must be pretty well messed up with your MBAM installation. :(

We'll need to wait for one of the expert forum members or staff to assist you.

OTOH, if you think you are already infected, then it would probably be best to follow the advice >>HERE<< .

Then please start a new post (with both of your FRST logs) over in the malware removal section >>HERE<<.

The malware experts will assist you with scanning and cleaning your computer and with getting MBAM up and running.

Thanks,

daledoc1

Guest 105234

I doubt i'm infected... anyways do i just wait till a expert gets on or do i post in a different section? 

Yeah something is really messed up with it, maybe it's cause i didn't open it up in like 2 weeks or something.