[SOLVED] MBAE traybar icon (or rather the occasional absence of it)

hake

• Staff

Weird, that shouldn't happen anymore with the 0.10 architecture.

Can you PM a DDS log to see if there's something that might be interfering? Also try deleting the MBAE logs, replicating the problem and sending the MBAE logs to me via PM.

Thanks!

Hi Pedro, I too on rare occasions see the icon fail to launch. I've been reluctant to report this until now because it happens so infrequently and thought it might be something with my own security software setup and not necessarly A-E fault. If hake is seeing this too then it's not just my computer. Do you want me to send the logs via PM to you too Pedro?

I forgot to mention this but a simple reboot will almost always correct this. That's what I've been doing whenever this occurs. Out of coincidence it did occur on first bootup today and like I said I just did a reboot after I saw the icon missing.

I don't use EMET Pedro. The other active security software I use besides A-E is Comodo Firewall 7.0 (Defense+ & AutoSandbox enabled), Immunet Plus 3.1.8.9583 (TETRA module [this is a licensed, modified/improved version of Bitdefender's detection engine] enabled), KeyScrambler 3.3.0. Got your most recent PM and I'll send you the additional logs you requested asap.

Regards, Ritchie...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

We fixed a potential problem with MBAE which resulted in sometimes the traybar icon not loading correctly under 0.10.0 and 0.10.3. Fix is included in the next release.

I'll close this thread but if you see the issue again in the next build please let me know.

Thanks!