Continued One hour plus threat scans

I clean installed the new Beta in order to see if the incredibly long scan times had been reduced

I ran a threat scan, default options enabled

Scan time actually increased.

I clean installed again per @advancedsetup instructions

I ran a threat scan - scan archives unticked and only heuristics ticked.

I saw, roughly, a one minute reduction in scan time.

I ran the FARBAR and MBAM check tools

The FARBAR tool did not make an Addition.txt log.

I ran it a second time.

It again failed to make said log.

Please see the FIRST & MBAM check logs attached

Please advise

FRST.txt

CheckResults.txt

• Root Admin

The logs indicate that you did not use a Clean Removal and did not install the latest beta version.  It also shows an entry that is not known.  It could be an infection or simply some unlisted or otherwise unknown driver.

S0 wjtvys; No ImagePath

Please follow the steps below exactly and after the removal of MBAM do not install the released version. Please install the new 1007 build of the beta from the link.

1. Please try the following and let us know if this corrects your issue or not.  -  MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  2. If that does not correct the issue then please read the following and post back the requested logs.  -  Diagnostic Logs
  3. NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here:  -  Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
  4. NOTE: You may also want to try installing the new beta which has corrected some previously reported issues:  -  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.2 Public Beta

Thank You

I did a clean install exactly as instructed and downloaded the latest Beta

I ran a threat scan, default options enabled.

As expected, there was no appreciable reduction in scan times

With no end in sight, I cancelled the scan after running 1 hour and 5 mins

FYI: if past performance is any indicator it had, roughly, another 15-20 mins to go

Attached are the scan logs from the Farbar and MBAM tests

I seriously doubt the unknown entry is an infection.

I run NIS 2014 and full scan weekly. In addition HitmanPro scans nightly. I also run several on demand scanners (including two solely for rootkits), roughly, monthly

Please advise

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

FRST.txt

• Root Admin

Don't know what's causing it without further investigation but something is causing MBAM to crash on your system.  Up to you if you'd like to try and spend time on figuring it out or not but currently as said there appears to be something in conflict with MBAM.

It could take a bit of time and running various tools trying to track down the issue.  Please let me know what you'd like to do.

• Root Admin

It's unlikely but possible.  Let me move your topic over to the removal forum and we can work on it more there.  Please make sure you have a backup of your data.  I do not expect any issues but it is always best to be safe than sorry when doing possible malware removal or extensive testing.

• Root Admin

11 minutes for that many objects is not too bad.  I've already moved your topic and the system makes it pretty much seamless to find it.

Can you please run the 3 logs from the Diagnostic Logs and post them back please.  - Late here so I'll check back on you again sometime tomorrow.

Thanks

• Root Admin

The computer has some minor PUP entries and some non malware related issues but for the most part looks okay.

Unless you'd like to attempt to address the PUP (Possibly Unwanted Programs) via some 3rd party tools we should probably be done here

I'd also recommend that you read the following as you have quite a few items disabled via MSCONFIG

Msconfig Is Not A Startup Manager

Let me know if you'd like further assistance or if you think we're done here now.

Thanks

I can try JRT and AdwCleaner for the PUPS

You mentioned MBAM constantly crashing and conflict issues

Is that no longer a concern? And if not, how was it resolved?

Thank you for the article. Do you think the disabled items have been responsible for the MBAM issues?

• Root Admin

The Event Logs are the key indicator of issues and if they're ongoing or not.

If you look at the Event Logs for Warnings and Errors and then restart the computer 2 times and look again.  Are the same Warnings and Errors still showing up after a couple of restarts.  If they are then you should probably look at trying to correct them.  That does not mean it's an infection only that Windows is not operating as well as it can.

• Root Admin

I don't think you need to enable it to run every time as it will take a long time. I think you should probably run it at least once a month to verify that nothing has slipped in. You should also enable and try it now to ensure it works while we have a topic open.

Let me know if any issue but it will take a while to scan using the rootkit scanner.

• Root Admin

Okay all looks good.

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Enabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

Unless there is something else then we should be about done here.  Let me know if you need anything else before we close up here.

• Root Admin

I think originally you may not have had good success with roving the original 2.0 version and installing the 2.02 beta version. Now that you've been able to do it and get some reboots all seems fine now.

I'll go ahead then and close your topic here but if you do run into any further issues please go ahead and create a new topic and let us know and we'll assist you.

Take care and stay safe out there.