Mbam Premium 2.0.1.1004 Will Not Update

Since upgrading to the new version a few days ago, the program refuses to update the database.  Clicking on "update" does nothing.  The program just sits there.  The only way to successfully update the database requires manually closing the program then restarting it.  Every day.  Not good.

The program also now "announces" that a scan was complete, and nothing was found.  The announcement that everything is "OK!" must be specifically removed.  It will not go away until I click on it. 

Seriously? Who actually thought this was an improvement?? The program now screams at me "Wow! Nothing found!! Now please click me to make me go away!"

Simple Beta testing would have found these issues.  The sad part is I paid for this.  The reality is this program is no longer running on my computer until these issues are fixed. 

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 32 bit.  I don't guess there is anyway to get my money back, is there?? This is just silly . . . if I wasn't a beta tester for a major software program I'd never know there is no reason for this. 

..............Bob

• Root Admin

Hello Bob and :welcome:

1. Please try the following and let us know if this corrects your issue or not.  -  MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  2. If that does not correct the issue then please read the following and post back the requested logs.  -  Diagnostic Logs
  3. NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here:  -  Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
  4. NOTE: You may also want to try installing the new beta which has corrected some previously reported issues:  -  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.2 Public Beta

Thank You

OK I guess I counted my chickens before they hatched.  Back to the same problem where the database refuses to update.  I click on "update" and the program just sits there and does nothing.  I close the program, run it and it will update. 

I ran the tools you suggest.  With all due respect, FRST creates a WHOLE lot of personal information regarding my computer, what programs are installed, etc etc.  I'm not about to post that publicly.  MBAM check is not as bad, so I'll attach the results of that.

CheckResults.txt

• Root Admin

Without posting the other logs we may not be able to help you here but you can submit a ticket on the help desk for a paid version.

Please remove the following entries from the Registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\appCompatFlags\Layers

C:\Program Files\Password Tracker Deluxe\PwTrkr.exe
    C:\Users\Bob\Downloads\redsn0w_win_0.9.10b5c\redsn0w_win_0.9.10b5c\redsn0w.exe
    C:\Program Files\HostsMan\hm.exe
    C:\Program Files\AnvSoft\Any Video Converter\AVCFree.exe

You can add "Run as administrator" to a short cut without adding it in the compatibility settings which can affect how the computer works.

After the removal please restart the computer and check for updates again and let us know.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Sorry I have not replied to this.  I was waiting for an update of the program.  I did get an update just recently, but the problem persists.  Regarding the change in the registry, two of the programs listed I still use on a regular basis.  They are not "rogue" programs and I've used them for years.  I'm reluctant to alter the registery that relates to programs I use on a regular basis for fear it will affect their performance, or stop them from working all-together.

I do not know where the support for "paid" customers is.  If you can direct me there, I will be happy to provide the files requested, but I will not publish them on a public forum. 

Thanks!

Sorry I have not replied to this.  I was waiting for an update of the program.  I did get an update just recently, but the problem persists.  Regarding the change in the registry, two of the programs listed I still use on a regular basis.  They are not "rogue" programs and I've used them for years.  I'm reluctant to alter the registery that relates to programs I use on a regular basis for fear it will affect their performance, or stop them from working all-together.

I do not know where the support for "paid" customers is.  If you can direct me there, I will be happy to provide the files requested, but I will not publish them on a public forum. 

Thanks!

You can add an exception for any items you feel were detected in error and they will be ignored. Don't give up on MBAM just yet. It found and removed a threat (pseudo ransomware) that I picked up because I threw caution to the wind and did something I knew was potentially dangerous. I am ashamed.   <_<