Mbam 2.x Runs Much Slower Than Quick Scan In Mbam 1.75

When I used to have MBAM v1.75, a quick scan would take just 5 to 6 minutes to complete. Now that I have installed MBAM v2.x a Threat Scan now runs MUCH slower taking 18 to 20 minutes to complete. Can you do anything to fix this problem?

Thank you for the new beta download. I ran a Threat scan and the scanning time has improved "somewhat". Instead of 18 to 20 minutes, it is now taking 13 minutes 29 seconds. Do you consider that "normal"? Or can it be improved further?

I can not say if its normal or not because I do not have your computer specs, nor do I know how many files your computer is scanning, but 13 minutes is not bad.

My scans take about 14min and that is with rootkit scanning and archive scanning...

Post your last scan log so we can see what was scanned....

My computer specs are Winows XP SP3 32 bit. Subsequent scans have dropped to around 9 minutes+ which is ever better than I previously reported. I have attached my last scan log. What does it tell you?

Threat scan Log File.txt

So you have WinXP and you did a Threat Scan and it only took 9 min and that was with following items enabled:

Memory: Enabled

Startup: Enabled

Filesystem: Enabled

Archives: Enabled

Rootkits: Enabled

Heuristics: Enabled

PUP: Enabled

PUM: Enabled

That is not bad at all.

Subsequent scans are usually faster due to windows disk caching, if you reboot the computer the scans will once again go back up a little bit...

Nothing to worry about.

• Staff

Considering the fact that you have rootkit scanning enabled (a feature unavailable in 1.75 which does tend to increase scan times dramatically due to its thorough nature), that sounds fairly reasonable. We did make several changes in the beta which should improve scan times with rootkit scanning enabled on most systems however they will still tend to take longer than scans with 1.75 for the same reason I already mentioned.