Cannot Connect To Server For Updates

Hey guys,

so I need your help. Just took my computer in to my school computer help. My Kaspersky wasnt updating so they did something to get it to connect to the server for updates.

Im having the same problem with malwarebytes(forget to tell them I had it too). Im sure they did something locally to my security policy since so many students must use these programs.

--how do I find out what was done to get malwarebytes working? Right now it wont connect to server for updates.

Thanks for your help!

Michael

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I did what you said and added that to my application control in Kaspersky. It still doesnt work. I also tried pausing Kaspersky and it doesnt work either. Any other suggestions?

when I first launch it, it says "Loading..." on the update server. Then, after awhile it just says unable to access server for updates

Hello and :welcome:

Thank You

Thanks guys!

That did the trick. I thought it was something with my school's internet security settings or something but I guess it just needed a clean start :)

any setting reccomendation changes or should I just leave the default? Do you reccomend enabeling self-protection?

Great, glad that worked for you.... the default settings work for most users. Up to you what other options you enable, but turning on some options may cause some conflicts on your computer. For example if you use drive encryption software and you turn on Rootkit scanning, that could cause you system to lockup or not complete scans because MBAM with rootkit enabled is not compatible with encryption software unless its TrueCrypt.

NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here:

Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions