error: Mbamchameleon Failed to obtain file name information

I noticed my system was feeling a bit sluggish the past few days and finally found out why.  Ever since I installed the new 2.0 version of mbam my Windows System Event Log is getting filled with the following message:

Mbamchameleon Failed to obtain file name information - C00000D4       ID 61703 (Category: 4352)

If I leave the mbam protection module resident I get these messages.  They are being generated at the rate of some 2500 messages per second!  No wonder my system disk's I/O is a bit slow these days.

I have been a licensed user of mbam since the beginning.  I am a computer tech who has used your tool to great effect for years.  I am very surprised at this error and would like to know what to do about it.  

Thank you.

Hello and Welcome...

Please try the following and let us know if that corrects it or not.

MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

If that does not correct the issue then please read the following and post back the requested logs.

Diagnostic Logs

Thank you

NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here:

Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Thank you for your quick response.  The removal/clean/re-install seems to have it working now.  Sorry, I didn't know about the FAQs, this the first time I've had any cause to use the Forum.

May I suggest that a 

try{

}

catch(

}

block with some watchdog counter might be a better way to deal with such a file information error?

Spamming syslog is one of those bugs that can seriously impact a system's performance and can very time-consuming for a field tech to track down.

Anyway, so far so good.  Again, thanks for your response and thanks to all of you for a wonderful piece of antimalware.

Guy

• 1 month later...