Plugins & Unresponsive Scripts

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

The logs show that the computer may not be a Genuine Licensed version of Windows or it may just be a connection issue.

Error: (09/20/2014 03:51:30 PM) (Source: Winlogon) (EventID: 4103) (User: )
Description: Windows license activation failed. Error 0x80070005.

Chrome is still showing crashing issues.
Please fully disable any Chrome sync from the Chrome options. Backup your bookmarks and then fully uninstall Chrome and restart the computer.

Please run a new disk check of the system.

Click on START and type in CMD.EXE and when it shows on the menu right click and choose "Run as administrator"
Then type the following into the DOS console.

CHKDSK C: /F

The system will say it cannot lock the drive. Go ahead and press the Y key and then the Enter key and then restart the computer and let the disk check run.

Then go ahead and reinstall your antivirus and update it and do a full scan with it and let me know what it finds.

Then run the following.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

• Root Admin

Well we can ignore Chrome for now but eventually you'll probably need to fix it. You can try the following which will not uninstall it but it should restore it back to factory default settings.

You need to sign into your Google Chrome account and UN SYNC everything.
If you have APPS you're using then make sure you have them written down and the credentials needed to reinstall them again later on.

Make sure you make a backup of your bookmarks and know your passwords.

Then Unsync Google Chrome and restart your computer.
Then log back into Google Chrome and make sure that nothing is being synced.

Then Reset Google Chrome browser settings back to Default.

Please run the FIXLIST I posted before and then post back the new log.

Thanks

• Root Admin

Well I hate to say it but probably the best solution to restore compatibility, safety, and speed of your computer the best thing would be to backup your data and then format the drive and reinstall Windows or do a Factory Restore if it supports it. We have now been trying to fix your computer for months and it doesn't seem like it's really all that much better than when we started.

• Root Admin

Well then that does not leave you any other option except to take the computer to a repair shop. There is something severely broken that we are not able to track down and repair. Non of the scans and logs that we've run indicate that there is any infection on the computer. Either hands on work or reinstalling Windows is required at this point. I'm sorry but there just isn't anything else I can do for you at this point.

Ron

• Root Admin

Driver updates are not your issue here. If they were an actual issue causing failures or issues they would show up in the logs.

To get drivers you go to the support page for the manufacturer of your computer and download from them.

I'm sorry but you really need to look at taking the computer into a shop and get it fixed. There is nothing more we can do for you at this point and would seem to require hands on repair for this issue.

I'm going to go ahead and close your topic here as there are no indications in the logs that the computer is infected.

I wish you all the best and hope that the repair shop can get this taken care of for you both quickly and cheaply.

Take care

Ron