Microsoft Forefront 2010 not updating definitions after MWB install?

• Root Admin

If we were blocking Forefront there should be an entry in the protection logs.  I doubt that we are but it's possible there is some conflict.  What if you disable Forefront - does MBAM update then?
Are you sure there are no DNS issues with being able to contact the update server.

Can you post the Protection Logs for the past couple of days from one of the machines and also run the following.

I believe you're running MEE are you not?  If so this should really be posted in the MEE section of the forum.  I can move it there for you if you like.

Please create an mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please do not copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, instead please attach the log CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post

Thanks

Please do move to correct MEE area.

Yep- running MEE

downloaded log grabber- will try

DNS?  not sure...clients are pushing and reporting back---but don't seem to be reaching our MWB updates.  Some client reporting back 365 days out of date.

not sure why MS Endpoint not updating...

• Root Admin

I got your log.

Okay that confirms the system this was run from can contact the update servers as long as Forefront or some other process is not blocking MBAM itself.  Do you have or allow the individual workstations to update from the Web or are they setup to update from an internal server?

• Root Admin

Temporarily uninstall MBAM from one of the clients.  Then do nothing else and see if Forefront updates.  If we were blocking we would log it, not sure but would think Forefront would log as well if it was blocking MBAM but then again even if it did block MBAM it should have no affect on updates for Forefront.