Definitions not pushing out

Got it on about 100 PC's and every time I look at the charts, it shows the "clients with latest updates" as almost always 100% out of date. 

Even after I "push" it to all the clients, it stays the same.

also- I was asked to run a full scan on a specific machine, so I did a "full" scan...the next day, we ran it manually from the station and it found 600 items--while my scan reported nothing.

help? :)

Hi Cleatus!

The clients should update their databases based on the communication time in the policy, under the Communication tab.

Also, when manually initiating a scan or update, it will occur when the client next checks in.

However, it appears that they may not be getting the commands you are sending.  In this case, can you send me a log from one of these clients that is exhibiting this issue?  (I will send instructions in a PM, please also send the log via PM.)

2014-04-08 09:14:08.359: ****ERROR*****: Failed to run client command, file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamapi.exe" does not exist.
2014-04-08 09:14:13.363: RunClientCommand: UpdateDatabase_63ee20
2014-04-08 09:14:13.366: ****ERROR*****: Failed to run client command, file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamapi.exe" does not exist.
2014-04-08 09:14:18.368: RunClientCommand: UpdateDatabase_63ee20
2014-04-08 09:14:18.371: ****ERROR*****: Failed to run client command, file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamapi.exe" does not exist.
2014-04-08 09:14:23.375: RunClientCommand: UpdateDatabase_63ee20
2014-04-08 09:14:23.378: ****ERROR*****: Failed to run client comm

Hi Cleatus,

It looks like mbamapi.exe is missing.  This file is used to execute commands like scanning and updating.

This behavior usually occurs when the MEE client is deployed to a client that already had the standalone version installed (Free, Premium, Small Business.)

First, try uninstalling this client, then redeploy to it.  This should fix the issue.