[SOLVED] MBAE Blocking .jar Executables After April 8 Windows 8 Updates

hutt132

MBAE Version 0.10.0.1000

I'm running Windows 8.1 and the Minecraft launcher, as well as other .jar executables, is not opening up since I did the April 8 Windows 8.1 updates. They were opening up fine before the updates. While looking at Task Manager when attempting to run the launcher, Java Platform SE binary quickly pops up then closes.

Things I have tried:
Download latest launcher from website (Both .exe and .jar)
Delete .minecraft folder and try to run
Reinstalled Java (Both x86 and x64)
Run as admin
Run in compatability for Windows 7
Restarted computer multiple times

In the Windows Event Viewer it shows multiple Application Error with Event ID 1000. The time these occur is when I try to run the Minecraft launcher.

Faulting application name: javaw.exe, version: 7.0.510.13, time stamp: 0x52b25e38
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17031, time stamp: 0x530895af
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000009c540
Faulting process id: 0x11d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf538e30e956cf
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 6e97a002-bf81-11e3-82ed-6805ca0a17b6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

When I disable MBAE the Minecraft launcher and .jar files open with no problems. There are no logs in MBAE when I run these files.

• Staff

@hut132, can you please try the 0.10.3.0100 build to see if the problem persists?

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=146097&page=2#entry816559

Before installing it, uninstall MBAE and delete all the files from the MBAE logs directory. Then install 0.10.3.0100 and if the problem persists post or PM me all the files from the MBAE logs directory.

Thanks!

@hut132, can you please try the 0.10.3.0100 build to see if the problem persists?

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=146097&page=2#entry816559

Before installing it, uninstall MBAE and delete all the files from the MBAE logs directory. Then install 0.10.3.0100 and if the problem persists post or PM me all the files from the MBAE logs directory.

Thanks!

I cleared the logs and unstilled MBAE. I then installed the 0.10.3.0100 build and restarted my PC. The problem still persists with .jar executables and Internet Explorer. No log files are created when I try to run those.

Please try this one. Does it solve it now?

NOTE: if you have MBAM Premium with Self-Protection, turn off Self-Protection while installing this MBAE build.

The problems are solved now, but the Minecraft client lags while navigating the menu screen, such as the multiplayer server list and adjusting sliders in the music & sounds settings. When MBAE is off, the lag goes away.