Malwarebytes randomly freezing every once in a while

I got a virus on one of my home laptops, and this virus has compromised all command prompts, system restore and has avoided detection from Anvisoft via running off a USB. My last resort was slaving the hard drive to my own laptop with a SATA to USB enclosure and scanning it with malwarebytes.

For the first hour or so, the scan was going great, it found 7 viruses and no problem. But eventually, I noticed that the scan would look like its still active, but it would just stop at a certain file...for like 45 minuets straight. After this, the scan would continue for a solid minuet or two, at a great rate until it would freeze again. Some of these freeze periods have gone as long as an hour plus!!! I've been scanning since the morning today, and the scan is now at 9 hours and 40 minuets.

This is very frustrating, and just bothering. I don't know if the scan will be done for tomorrow even! I'm getting worried and I need to know why this is happening, or I'm walking into class tomorrow with a hard drive hooked up to my computer and my parents without their laptop at home! The pressure is on, and I'm frustrated, is there any solutions!!! Thanks for the help and the great program.

• Root Admin

Hello and :welcome:

Let's get some logs and see if we can tell what's going on here.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply as well.