Usage and compliance, Clarification

Now, back to my own MB anti-malware. If I keep the program updated, there really is no reason to upgrade to 2.0, is there?

Eventually version 1.7x will stop being supported and no longer updated... I would say within a year, so you will have to upgrade eventually...

You ordered the boxed version that will have a disc, right?

It may be an older version of MBAM on the disc.

If you download the latest version from Malwarebytes, I believe it will be the new version 2.0.

Does anyone know if someone buys a V1 Lifetime license and installs and activates V2 (V1 never installed) will the license be a lifetime license (as purchased)?

Or will it be treated as a annual subsrciption license because V1 was never installed.

To be on the safe side, I would install the latest V1 version (1.75.0.1300).

You can download that version here:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/14815/

Edit: Then update to Ver 2 if and when you want to.

If anyone knows for sure I'm wrong about this, please correct me.

If you download the latest version from Malwarebytes, I believe it will be the new version 2.0.

Does anyone know if someone buys a V1 Lifetime license and installs and activates V2 (V1 never installed) will the license be a lifetime license (as purchased)?

Or will it be treated as a annual subsrciption license because V1 was never installed.

The Free download does not have the full time monitoring function of paid versions. Once I install the disk copy on the other PC I can simply update to 2.0. It should arrive soon. I already switched to 2.0 on this machine and was pleased that the change was smooth. My licence, Key and ID are unchanged. (File Hippo, I believe sends some trash with downloads, as does CNET, Itunes and a few others. I always go vendor direct. Itunes really irratates me because they are the vendor, take my money and still invade my PC with trash!)

Other than the cosmetic changes (not all for the better, I'll give you that...) there have been changes underwater as well. Your 1.75 life-time licence (bought pre-2.00) will be converted to a 2.00 life-time licence. There really is no reason not to upgrade, is there?

So I did the upgrade, it went very well and my key + Id are still unchanged. So, there is no reason to not upgrade!

Your 1.xx license will work perfectly fine in 2.0.  it will not be converted, it will remain a lifetime single PC license.

The Free download does not have the full time monitoring function of paid versions. Once I install the disk copy on the other PC I can simply update to 2.0. It should arrive soon. I already switched to 2.0 on this machine and was pleased that the change was smooth. My licence, Key and ID are unchanged. (File Hippo, I believe sends some trash with downloads, as does CNET, Itunes and a few others. I always go vendor direct. Itunes really irratates me because they are the vendor, take my money and still invade my PC with trash!)

The free version also allows you to enable a trial of the full version, good for 30 days, and you'll be receiving your product well before that.

Jennifer, it maybe too late to help you, but maybe this can help others (Canuks or not).

When I saw that MBAM was going to yearly subscriptions I did some looking around for a couple more lifetime licenses, since going forward they will still be honored.

I found this site:

http://store.downloadcrew.com/p29874-malwarebytes_anti-malware_pro

still offering liftime licenses with a decent discount.

I did not know this retailers reputation, however, I did some research and it looked legit.

The transaction was thru CleverBridge, just like my first few licenses, and I could use paypal and download almost immediately.

The deal is on for another 28 days, and worked fine for me in Canada.

I wasn't sure it was okay to post the link to the discount here, but I see another one above, and I do believe the site is legit.

(Admins please don't punish me if I'm wrong, but feel free to delete the link....)

brino

Jennifer, it maybe too late to help you, but maybe this can help others (Canuks or not).

When I saw that MBAM was going to yearly subscriptions I did some looking around for a couple more lifetime licenses, since going forward they will still be honored.

I found this site:

http://store.downloadcrew.com/p29874-malwarebytes_anti-malware_pro

still offering lifetime licenses with a decent discount.

I did not know this retailers reputation, however, I did some research and it looked legit.

The transaction was thru CleverBridge, just like my first few licenses, and I could use paypal and download almost immediately.

The deal is on for another 28 days, and worked fine for me in Canada.

brino

That is one HECK OF A GOOD DEAL!! I already paid up at Newegg and the CD has been installed. Still, I do not mind paying the full price .Malwarebytes can use the money;  I'm sure they get paid on a percentage basis. In any case, there no dividends in regret! A deal made is a deal done.

I expect the Cleverbridge option would be far better than newegg because cleverbridge keeps good records and can supply codes if one loses, burns or misplaces them. You just need to remeber the details of purchase for them. IE: Name used, Date of purchase, card number used, email used and the physical address for the order. I know their customer service is great because I needed them to resupply for the purpose of keeping it on file. When I lost my codes I wanted them back BEFORE I FOUND ANY NEED. CLEVERBRIDGE IS GREAT!!! I know newegg would refer me to malewarebytes.org, who would then refer me back to the cleverbridge but this purchase was not done through cleverbridge so I'll need to guard those codes very carefully. I put stored them on both machines as well as keeping a hard copy in both of the computer's paper files.

@jenniferatemple it would be best if you use the reply window located under the posts instead of using the Quote button, this keeps the forum cleaner and makes it easier to read, especially when you quote someone, and include your reply within the quote (one has to look closely to see if you actually replied and not just quoted).... Only use the Quote button when absolutely necessary...

Thanks for understanding...