Going back to 1.75...

I feel exactly the same.  I completed the install and  the interface was a frightening experience. I am now searching for 1.75. I have a pro account (oh yes, I read they are not calling it 'pro' anymore) but if I cannot find version 1.75 I will not install MBAM again.

For those of you who dislike the new UI, it would be most helpful if you could be as specific as possible about which aspects of it you do not like. We are listening to all feedback and criticism and if we find that a significant number of our users have problems with any specific aspect of the UI, we'll definitely consider changing it. In fact, we are already developing a new version that has several changes to the UI in 2.0 due to some of the feedback we've already received.

If you're working on changes, can I add a suggestion for a new change ?
In the History/Application Logs window add a "Status" column.
Show "No Issues" or "Issues found" in this column.

I check all my logs to see if there are any issues.
It would be nice if I didn't have to look at every log to know if there are any issues.

Some people I help don't check logs and when they call me for help I have to look through many logs to see if there were any errors, issues, warnings, etc.

Also,
In version 1.75 the protection log showed whenever an update was attempted, and if there are no updates available or there was an error.
Version 2.0 doesn't show this in the log, so it's not clear if and when the last auto update was attempted.
Can this info be added back for Ver 2 ?

It should show an error in the log if an update attempt failed. We removed the listing for attempted updates when no updates were available just because they had a tendency of making the logs get pretty large over time, but if people want it back we can certainly add it in.

As for listing the logs based on whether or not any threats were detected, I agree that it's a good idea and I'll suggest it to the Developers.

If you're working on changes, can I add a suggestion for a new change ?

In the History/Application Logs window add a "Status" column.

Show "No Issues" or "Issues found" in this column.

I check all my logs to see if there are any issues.

It would be nice if I didn't have to look at every log to know if there are any issues.

Some people I help don't check logs and when they call me for help I have to look through many logs to see if there were any errors, issues, warnings, etc.

Also,

In version 1.75 the protection log showed whenever an update was attempted, and if there are no updates available or there was an error.

Version 2.0 doesn't show this in the log, so it's not clear if and when the last auto update was attempted.

Can this info be added back for Ver 2 ?

I agree though I would prefer to see the headings change color if there is an issue or somthing that requires user action.  For example if there is an a new item in Quaratine show 'History' in red

Yeah, my full scan last night (17 hours!) found a lot of PUPs and a couple of Trojans in old downloaded software that I never got around to installing to try out (probably a good thing, no?) and when I opened my computer this morning I had the notification window that would not go away (good), and the scan log open showing the threats (also good) but the Dashboard did not indicate any sort of issue.

So +1 for Nesivos' RFF as well.

It should show an error in the log if an update attempt failed. We removed the listing for attempted updates when no updates were available just because they had a tendency of making the logs get pretty large over time, but if people want it back we can certainly add it in.

I can understand that, especially for people who use realtime updates checking every 5 minutes.

Maybe they could add a Last Check for Updates to the UI ?

Right now Last Updated is on the Scan window, so maybe this could be added next to that data?

Now there are 7 or 8 entries in the protection log for a single update.

Personally, I don't think thats necessary, and adds a lot to the log.

99.99 % of the time there are no problems with the update.

I would rather see

- Log message showing the old and new versions for the update

- An Update Successful message.

If there are errors when updating, then add as many entries and info to the log as needed.

I don't need to see all the Stopping, Stopped, Starting, Started entries in the log if there are no problems ...

I can understand that, especially for people who use realtime updates checking every 5 minutes.

Maybe they could add a Last Check for Updates to the UI ?

Right now Last Updated is on the Scan window, so maybe this could be added next to that data?

Yes, I think that's a good idea. I believe the best place for it would be on the Dashboard in the Database Version area since that's also where we provide update status when an update is being processed. A small bit of text there saying something like 'Last check for updates: 6 minutes ago' or something similar.

Now there are 7 or 8 entries in the protection log for a single update.

Personally, I don't think thats necessary, and adds a lot to the log.

99.99 % of the time there are no problems with the update.

I would rather see

- Log message showing the old and new versions for the update

- An Update Successful message.

If there are errors when updating, then add as many entries and info to the log as needed.

I don't need to see all the Stopping, Stopped, Starting, Started entries in the log if there are no problems ...

We need to log those other items because they aren't really a part of the update, they are entries for the status of protection when it refreshes to load the new database(s). These entries are not logged for Free users since they have no protection, so they are quite relevant for Premium/Trial users. It would be different if we didn't offer a version that was only used as an on-demand scanner, since one could always assume that a failed update means that protection is not functional, but since we do, this is the only real way to ensure that the status of protection is always monitored, not only for database update failures, but also for cases where protection fails to start or crashes for some reason.

Yes, I think we should add it back to the logs as well, although I'd also like to include an option perhaps to disable the logging of it for users that choose to just to cut down on log sizes (and perhaps have it disabled by default since it is likely that advanced users such as yourself would be more prone to using that function). I think having it on the Dashboard as a quick reference would be good simply because that's where you see your database version, update status, as well as alerts when your database is out of date or when an update has failed. That's why I believe it makes sense from a user experience perspective to have it display the last update time because it seems more intuitive that way, but I could be wrong.

As for listing the logs based on whether or not any threats were detected, I agree that it's a good idea and I'll suggest it to the Developers.

Yes please add it back!!!!

I agree this new version is no good in that its worse than the previous version especially performance.  We also have your Corporate edition installed on many workstations. I hope you never automatically push this update out or we are going to have major problems. I have tested the new versions on different pc's and have had different issues besides the horrible UI. Yes I agree with it looks exactly like all the scam antivirus programs out there and I hate that. Also it is now catering to newbie users and doesn't offer quick or full scan. I assume its doing a full scan by default as it is sooooo slow. Also on a few PC's I upgraded and they became so slow booting up. Also had issues with some XP machines almost becoming unresponsive with the pro version. Also where is my right click scan??? I hope you never stop the old version before you get all these bad design issues straightened out. I always hate seeing once might programs fall. You can sit here and defend it but I have been right about many programs. Ex...Vista, Windows 8, AVG, Norton....I remember when Norton 7.5 was king and so fast...then after that version it became bloat....looking pretty is not what we want. We want lean and fast like it was..Why not improve what you had instead of making it try to do more while sacrificing performance? I mean a simple UI change I can understand but you made other changes which is affecting performance. I usually put that down to bloat. The same thing happened to the once mighty AVG and I expect the same is going to happen here. I will continue to use the 1.75 in my toolbox till you stop supporting that then I will have to find some other anti-malware program to put in my arsenal.  I hate being so harsh but this was one of my most loved programs.

Hello and Welcome Jim Mutdosch

First off I am not on the Malwarebytes staff, but I will try and address a couple of your concerns/issues.

I have tested the new versions on different pc's and have had different issues besides the horrible UI. Yes I agree with it looks exactly like all the scam antivirus programs out there and I hate that.

Some folks are having issues with the new version, and many issues are resolved, all you have to do is start a new topic and someone can help you resolve those issues. You can start a new topic here: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=41 Some issues are due to drives being encrypted, conflicts with other programs or simply the computer being infected. The staff cannot resolve those unless you post about them and seek help.

Also it is now catering to newbie users and doesn't offer quick or full scan. I assume its doing a full scan by default as it is sooooo slow.

This is not the case, same scans are available, they just have different names....

The new scan names are a bit confusing to those of us used to the naming scheme in MBAM 1.75, but this should help.

Threat scan ==> quick scan

Custom scan ==> partial or Full scan - depending upon what you choose to scan.

Hyper scan ==> Flash scan (only available for registered PRO users).

Also on a few PC's I upgraded and they became so slow booting up. Also had issues with some XP machines almost becoming unresponsive with the pro version.

Again they can't help you unless you post what your issue is as already mentioned..

Also where is my right click scan???

This is still available, its just disable by default. You can enable it by going to Settings => General Settings => Then click on Yes under Explorer context menu entry:

I hope you never stop the old version before you get all these bad design issues straightened out.

The old version will be available for about a year, then it will no longer get supported. The team is working hard on fixing an reported bugs. In just a week or so they release a new version to fix some items that were addressed. They will be releasing another update within two weeks.

Why not improve what you had instead of making it try to do more while sacrificing performance? I mean a simple UI change I can understand but you made other changes which is affecting performance.

They did improve what they had, IMHO they added a whole lot of stuff that the old version did not have, including rootkit scanning, new GUI and more... If you enable some of these features, since it will be doing more, of course the scan times will take longer. Memory consumption has also improved. Web Blocker engine was completely re-written and it fixed some issues folks were have with streaming video and audio. Any performance issue you have, you can post about it and someone will help you.

So much more info can be found in the users guide....

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Users Guide

Version 2.0

http://www.malwarebytes.org/support/guides/mbam/

Download PDF

http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/asset/mbamuserguide.pdf