Unable to do right-click scans

• Root Admin

The current logs are not showing any issue with registering COM objects in the Registry for creating and running a Context Menu scan.

Please click on START  and type in CMD.EXE and when it shows on the menu right click over it and choose "Run as administrator" then type the following and press the Y key to say yes it's okay to run the disk check after a restart.

CHKDSK C: /R

Then restart the computer and let the disk check run and post back the entry from the Event Logs showing what disk check did.

If needed here is further information about the Disk Check

Please run a Full Disk Check on your system drive.  If needed here are some links on how to run a Disk Check.

On Windows 7 the disk check log is in the Event Logs under Application with a heading source of  Wininit

How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7

How to Run Check Disk at Startup in Vista or Windows 7

How to Read the Event Viewer Log for Check Disk (chkdsk) in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8

Thanks

The check of the D Drive, which is where I have most programs installed, took over 3 hours. It kept freezing for 10-15 minutes at a time during Stage 4 of the process. 

The check of the C Drive, the solid state drive where the operating system and drivers are, along with a few non-essential programs, took less than 20 minutes. 

I've attached both CHKDSKResults logs here. 

CHKDSKResults - D Drive.txt

CHKDSKResults - C Drive.txt

• Root Admin

Okay, please disable ALL security software temporarily and run the clean removal procedure again and reinstall again with your other security software disabled and let me know if works now or not.

MBAM Clean Removal Process

Make sure you re-enable your other security software once testing here is done.

......ok I think I found what the actual issue is, but now I'm even more confused. 

I have a C: drive, solid state drive with the Operating System and drivers, along with a few non-essential programs. 

I have a D: drive, 1 terabyte standard drive with most of my programs on it.

I also have several external hard drives and  a USB flash drive. 

The context scan will work on everything EXCEPT the D: drive. Which of course is where I'd need to use it the most. 

So... what the hell????

Malwarebytes is installed on the C drive, x86 program files folder (I'm running 64-bit Windows 7). 

It always runs with Administrative privileges. 

• Root Admin

Yes that is odd.  Is there any Unicode strings in the paths you're using? There is a known issue with some Unicode characters preventing context scans.

I just tested on my own system with a D: and an E: as extra drives and both context scan for me without an issue.

...so, say, an apostrophe? like this character '

I just tried a different subfolder without an apostrophe in it on the D drive and it worked. Is that seriously the problem? What other characters cause this problem?

Is there any way to fix that problem without renaming the folders? I have many folders with apostrophes in them.

And, if I start a context scan on a folder without an apostrophe in the name, but several subfolders have apostrophes in them, will the context scan still run? Will it skip the folders with apostrophes in their names?

Basically, it would be a much bigger inconvenience to me to rename the folders with apostrophes in them than, for instance, moving whatever I want to scan to another folder while I scan it. 

But I don't consider either one to be an ideal solution. Is there anything else I can do instead?