RubbeR DuckY

Introducing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0!

1.75 would definitely run lighter on a older PC.

You can look at ChicaLogic PC-Shield: http://www.chicalogic.com/products/pc-shield

This is a rebranded MBAM 1.75.

Beside a slightly modified look, it's exactly the same as good old 1.75.   :)

You can even use your MBAM license with it.

Hope this helps!

There are more enhancements and improvements in version 2 than can be listed here.

Since XP has been EOS/EOL for so long, and is so vulnerable to security breaches, it would probably be a good idea to run the most robust version of MBAM, rather than an older, less robust version, if the hardware will support doing so.

Moreover, support for version 1.75 will end eventually.

Rather than sending @Wojtek in search of rebranded, 3rd-party versions of MBAM 1.75 (which will also be EOS/EOL eventually), it would probably be more fruitful if we could try to assist @Wojtek with getting MBAM 2.2.0 up and running on the system in question?

Every computer is unique and we do have some users who are running 2.2.0 under XP just fine.

Without the requested diagnostic logs attached to a separate post in a sub-forum designated for MBAM support, or even a trial installation of MBAM 2.2.0 on the system in question, it's all pretty much just idle speculation. :(

Just saying....

I was merely suggesting an alternative.

I could as well suggest he switch to Linux.

He'd get a much better performance with his older hardware since he'd wouldn't need a real-time anti-malware at all.

thank you very much! that's what I wanted to know  :)

Great link, BTW.  Malwarebytes still supports v1.75, at least

with the malware database updates, but nobody knows how

long it will be continued.

you know, I simply like WinXP, it's still sufficient for my needs,

but of course I will eventually buy a new hardware with Win7.  :)

Merry Christmas to everyone!  :)

Hello,

First, please allow me to express my sincere gratirude for making this software available! I have been unable to find any truly comparable product at any price.

What I would like to know now is whether the next version of Malwarebytes will be available directly as a 64-bit application. I am not as much concerned with the 'speed issue' as I am with the direct integration into and 'under the hood of' the running operating system. Right now, running under WIndows 10 64-bit, Malwarebytes is not able to startup in a 'native' mode on a 64-bit system. It receives the 'redheaded step-child treatment' and is only applied to the system after the native 64-bit applications are loaded., and that leaves that tiny fraction of an instant during the boot sequence when something 'nasty' might appear. I am confident that you have already addressed this issue and that it is not a true threat at this time, however, it would put the minds of those of us who are les technologically advanced at ease if we knew that Malwarebytes was loaded at the same time with all of the other 'grown-up' applications.

Thank you,

HomeUserKS

Hello and Welcome HomeUserKS

I can not answer as to the new version of Malwarebytes being 64bit or not, but I can say that the current version already has 64bit capabilities and drivers.

As for the startup of Malwarebytes in your system, if you like you can start a topic in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help where we can help you by gathering logs to see if we can tell what is going on.

On my systems Malwarebytes loads at startup pretty quickly and before most of my other apps. Something to check just to make sure the issue of your delayed start... check this setting.... Open Malwarebytes -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Make sure you don't have a check mark on Delay Protection at startup for (15) seconds.

1. Click on Settings
2. Click on Advanced Settings
3. Make Sure the Option, "Delay Protection at start for XX seconds is uncheckedpost-17127-0-25320700-1455654494.jpg

Awesome MB !

Great that your not going to follow the "other guys" trends. What sets you apart makes you the better choice, way to stick to your guns. PeAcE

PS now if I could just fix my dang avatar, ggggrrrrr

Attn: daledoc 1. Just out of curiosity, MBAM 2.2.0.1024 has been around for quite a while. Can you forecast when you will be releasing a new revised improved version? Thanks a lot!

Hi:

Attn: daledoc 1. Just out of curiosity, MBAM 2.2.0.1024 has been around for quite a while. Can you forecast when you will be releasing a new revised improved version? Thanks a lot!

I'm afraid that I cannot answer that.

I am just another home user, too.

I do not work for Malwarebytes, and I certainly don't know the upcoming release schedule.

We'll need to wait for the Malwarebytes staff members to announce the news here, via the newsletter, at the blog, and via social media.

But the general response to such questions at other fora about other software product updates is: "WIIR"*. ;)

Cheers,

(*When It Is Ready)

Thanks for your reply. Oh well. You can't blame me for just asking. This version has been around for such a long period of time that it seems to me that there should be an updated version available for release. Is there a staff member that is monitoring this thread that could possibly offer a response?

Pretty much the same answer.  There is no publicly posted release time for program updates. We normally try to make available beta versions before a new release.

Ron,

Thanks anyway for your reply. I guess that I will just have to wait.

Richard

Mbam is not a complete protection. I can see my customers getting two demands for subscription reminders at different times in the same year. You have increased the annoyance factor of using a PC.

I'm sorry you see it that way @lamarrk however it has been this way now for over 2 years. I've have quite a few users I support and none of them have mentioned that concern to me. If you feel it really is one you could coordinate a purchase time to coincide with the antivirus. If there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know.

Thank you