Introducing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I use the version 1.75.

When will I get the update from MBAM 1.75 to MBAM 2.0 automatically via the update function?

Thanks.

They are rolling it out in phases so you will eventually get notified, however you can manually update it right over your existing copy if you like by going HERE

Odd occurrence with MBAM v. 2. Program works great, but the program Icon shows as a generic Icon. Anybody else have this problem? I know of one other person with the same thing. How do we get the Icon back?

Hello jholland1964:

If a system reboot doesn't correct this, please do a MBAM Clean Removal followed by a install/re-install.

Please let us know your progress.

HTH :)

Reboots obviously have not helped the problem, it has been this way since I installed the program. The program itself works perfectly. I following install instructions, install on top of previous version. I have the short cut in the Dell Dock, it shows normally there but when the program runs it shows on the task bar as generic, also is generic in the Start, All Programs folder.

So I have to totally uninstall the program and do a brand new install?

Reboots obviously have not helped the problem, it has been this way since I installed the program. The program itself works perfectly. I following install instructions, install on top of previous version. I have the short cut in the Dell Dock, it shows normally there but when the program runs it shows on the task bar as generic, also is generic in the Start, All Programs folder.

So I have to totally uninstall the program and do a brand new install?

Please do a MBAM Clean Removal followed by a install/re-install.

Please let us know your progress.

Cheers :)

Hi:

So far, this appears to have corrected the problem. I will let you know if it changes again to the generic icon

Glad you got it sorted.

FWIW The "generic" icon thing is a Windows issue that has been around for a long time; it can affect any program.

If it should happen again:

There's even an MBAM KB topic linking to a MS Fixit >>HERE<<.

And, for Win7 users, there is a tutorial with 2 methods to fix it (1 batch file, 1 manual) >>HERE<<

(I presume there is an analogous tutorial at eightforums.com for 8/8.1)

Cheers,

daledoc1

You can directly access Chameleon by going to your START button, then ALL PROGRAMS, and search for the MBAM listing. Put your mouse cursor on it and another menu will open with 4 choices listed. The first choice is TOOLS. Double click on it and you will then have direct access to the Chameleon shortcut. For convenience I sent the shortcut to my desktop for quick access. Hope this hels you.

Pretty slick!

I had never tried that before.

Still running. :)

• Root Admin
Just for everyone's information, here's what we are trying to ship out the door in less than a week --

1. change all the aggressive red colors to a calmer red, change all the aggressive orange colors to a calmer orange

2. switch more notifications from red to orange leaving only protection off and malware detections as red, database notifications should be orange

3. on first launch ever after install, you shouldn't be getting a database out of date notification, that will scare most users, we'll fix this

4. if the UI is in focus, you shouldn't be getting additional tray notifications, only if the UI isn't open, we'll fix this

5. change notification size to be a bit smaller by reducing the color portion of it for now

I realize this is not the entire scope of changes you expect. We have a ton of work to do beyond this, but we wanted to respond quickly to change what some users have termed "rogue behavior."

I would greatly appreciate your comments. I also want to let you know that we're working on allow users to disable the new product module we put on the dashboard, rework the entire notification system, and more.

Hi:

Sorry to hear you are having problems...

hi new versoin malwarebytes is clashing with avast and avast isint problem free as it is cant install avast inles trun of malwarebytes

If you are having issues with exclusions between Avast! and MBAM, please start a new post >>>HERE<<<.

Someone will be more than happy to assist you to get the programs working well together.

Thanks very much,

daledoc1

I am not happy about going to the subscription model.

I have installed Malwarebytes Pro on hundreds of my customers PC's - usually in conjunction with Microsoft Security Essentials. This was a great solution for my mums and dads client who are not very PC literate, and many do not buy anything online. A no maintenance solution for people who are bad at maintenance of their PC's.

I will not be buying Malwarebytes Premium for these customers because of the annual subscription.

Furthermore - the subscription is overpriced when you consider it as an addon to the other anti virus program needed. Mbam is not a complete protection. I can see my customers getting two demands for subscription reminders at different times in the same year. You have increased the annoyance factor of using a PC.

Please add a Malwarebytes Pro perpetual license to the range. It can be a higher price - say $40.

Full Screen Ahead... I may be wrong here, but you do know that the current lifetime licenses for your existing customers / installs will remain lifetime licenses. You do not have to buy anything further for those customers.  Simply update to the new version and your existing license will be transferred to the new version. Also, MSE is no longer considered even by Microsoft to be robust enough to protect your computer, you may consider using a different Free version of antivirus....

As for the request for perpetual licenses, we will have to wait for staff to reply to that one...

Thanks Deity

Yes I knew that existing PC's with the combined Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials will be perepetually protected, and that the combination of those 2 programs is about as good as it gets for protection - while still be a virtually no maintenance solution with minimal pop-ups to puzzle the mums and dad users.

My point is that I will not do this in future ie. I will not be buying Premium whereas I bought hundreds of Pro for my customers.

I note your point about MS Security Essentials is not good enough by itself - particularly with the takover of many PC's with PUP's, which are not virus's but are making the internet so slow for users because their internet browsing is redirected through slow advertiser's servers in the US. Most anti virus's programs did not flag PUP's in the past - but that seems to be changing.

So I am now looking at what to do in future - Comodo perhaps. Perpetual licenses are what I want - not subscriptions. I don't mind the initial cost.

Just for everyone's information, here's what we are trying to ship out the door in less than a week --

1. change all the aggressive red colors to a calmer red, change all the aggressive orange colors to a calmer orange

2. switch more notifications from red to orange leaving only protection off and malware detections as red, database notifications should be orange

3. on first launch ever after install, you shouldn't be getting a database out of date notification, that will scare most users, we'll fix this

4. if the UI is in focus, you shouldn't be getting additional tray notifications, only if the UI isn't open, we'll fix this

5. change notification size to be a bit smaller by reducing the color portion of it for now

I realize this is not the entire scope of changes you expect. We have a ton of work to do beyond this, but we wanted to respond quickly to change what some users have termed "rogue behavior."

I would greatly appreciate your comments. I also want to let you know that we're working on allow users to disable the new product module we put on the dashboard, rework the entire notification system, and more.

For the record, I think the red only bothers some people.

Surely not me.