RubbeR DuckY

Introducing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0!

Yes, you can get them directly from MB, but another user just posted that NewEgg has them on sale, so you might look into that first.

Hi, i just updated to the 2.0 version and I have to say I like the new GUI! I do have a question though. Is the Hyper Scan feature only for paid users because I couldn't seem to access that feature with the free version. "I hope that's not the case" because with the older versions that's what I usually used was the Quick Scan feature unless I thought it necessary to run a full scan.

Regards, Ritchie...

With 1.75, there was also a Flash scan, also for paid users only.

If free gets everything the paid users get, nobody will buy a license, yes?

Same thing for every software, by the way, not just MBAM.

So those of us with a lifetime license are still restricted to 1 computer, not 3 like new licenses?

So those of us with a lifetime license are still restricted to 1 computer, not 3 like new licenses?

Yes that is correct, in order to get a 3 computer license you will have to buy a new yearly subscription license. Or by some more lifetime license's while supplies last....

I hadn't really thought about it, But where would one go ( link to) to buy another Lifetime License.?  :)

Thank you Firefox.

Thanks for continuing support for Win XP users!  Unlike others who report longer scanning times, I went from 1hr20mins for a full scan to 20mins for the threat scan.  Is this an abbreviated scan?  Is the full scan no longer available?

Hi:

Thanks for continuing support for Win XP users!  Unlike others who report longer scanning times, I went from 1hr20mins for a full scan to 20mins for the threat scan.  Is this an abbreviated scan?  Is the full scan no longer available?

Flash scan --> Hyper scan.

Quick scan --> Threat scan.

Full scan --> Custom scan. You now need to specifically select the drives/folders you want to scan, to make it more like the old Full scan.

That's why your new Threat scan (aka Quick) was faster than your previous Full scan.

Having said that, it's always been the case that Full scans (or the equivalent thereof) are neither necessary nor recommended for routine use.

The Threat scan (previously called the Quick scan) is sufficient for most purposes and conditions.

Performing complete, full scans of your entire system very often could cause excessive wear and tear on your hard drive.

If you need specific help with configuring or running 2.00 on your system, please start a new post >>HERE<< and someone will be happy to assist you.

Cheers,

daledoc1

I am very happy with the upgrade so far. :)

The rootkit scanning in MBAM 2.0 is not as robust as the separate MBAR product, as stated by staff and devs.  IMO, that means it doesn't hurt to keep MBAR around as well.

Actually, that's not accurate. Currently the antirootkit technology in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 is identical to that of Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit. We have them separate in case we need to quickly adapt to new rootkits with engine changes that cannot be accomplished with definition updates since releasing new versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit are much faster. When this does happen, any changes that occur in Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit's new versions will be integrated into Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware release that follows.

Actually, that's not accurate. Currently the antirootkit technology in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 is identical to that of Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit. We have them separate in case we need to quickly adapt to new rootkits with engine changes that cannot be accomplished with definition updates since releasing new versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit are much faster. When this does happen, any changes that occur in Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit's new versions will be integrated into Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware release that follows.

Thanks for the correction.  When it was in Beta I could have sworn someone said it was not the same, but what you wrote is good news indeed.

Thanks for the correction.  When it was in Beta I could have sworn someone said it was not the same, but what you wrote is good news indeed.

Yes, during the beta that was true temporarily until we integrated the latest changes from Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit into Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0, which we did just prior to the Release Candidate :).

Ha!  I'll be asking more pertinent questions then before stating information gleaned from the beta period as fact :P

Today i downloaded the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0, and so far it has performed flawless! The issue of MB freezes my computer that occured several times before with the old version, is no sign of in the 2.0 version i am happy to say!

Before i downloaded the  2.0 i uninstalled the old MB and the old Chameleon. I can´t find the Chameleon under any settings in the 2.0 version. Is it embedded anyway, or do i have to download the Chameleon separately?

Yes, Chameleon is embedded with MBAM 2.0, and the driver will automatically load if you use the Self protection settings in Advanced Settings.

Location is now C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Chameleon\Windows for x64 based systems and C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Chameleon\Windows for x86 based systems.

That is as much as I know about it.  As to whether you still need to keep another copy of it or not, I'll let a staff member weigh in.

You can directly access Chameleon by going to your START button, then ALL PROGRAMS, and search for the MBAM listing. Put your mouse cursor on it and another menu will open with 4 choices listed. The first choice is TOOLS. Double click on it and you will then have direct access to the Chameleon shortcut. For convenience I sent the shortcut to my desktop for quick access. Hope this hels you.

Sorry. I intended to say "Hope this HELPS you."

Thank you both for the advice! :)

Yes, it helped. Good to know i don´t have to download it separately. I found the Chameleon under TOOLS and i created a shortcut of it to the desktop.From there it launches perfectly.

I must say I love the fact that the UAC doesn't pop up anymore.

My UAC pops up when launching the Chameleon, but it does not pop up when starting MBAM the ordinary way double clicking the icon. Is the UAC supposed to pop up when launching the Chameleon?