RubbeR DuckY

Introducing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0!

The new version of Maywarebytes Anti-Malware UI is terrible. From an IT perspective, It looks like every fake, spammy "antivirus" programs out there. Please change this and go back to the professional look you used to have.

I'm an old member of Win 7 forums, now Win 8 where your program is VERY highly rated. I Installed new version  MBAM over existing and all went well, working GREAT. Love the new dashboard. Thanks for honoring your customers lifetime license and to all the staff at MBAM for your hard work :)

I'm a user of the free version and I went back to 1.75. 2.0 is terrible, the scan takes more than twice as long and there is no quick scan any more. The Threat Scan is the one that takes forever. The desktop icon also goes blank after a few boots of the system. The new UI is also terrible with it's constant notices to upgrade.

I will keep using 1.75 until v2 is improved.

Hi Dch48,

Quick scan has been renamed Threat Scan (More info on scan types here). If you have "Scan for rootkits" enabled (which is a new 2.0 feature), this will add to your average scan time from v.1.75

Just checking - I haven't gotten the new upgrade yet.  But, I'll still need an anti-virus, right?

Absolutely. :)

Hi me again it still showing what every way i set it its constin scaneing it says fire fox apps then my apps under my pc name

Hi, becknl5:

Welcome. :)

Hi me again it still showing what every way i set it its constin scaneing it says fire fox apps then my apps under my pc name

If you're having specific issues running MBAM 2.00, it would be a good idea to start a new post >>HERE<<.

Please explain the issue with a bit of detail, if possible.

Someone will more than happy to help you in a separate post in the Support section.

Thanks!

daledoc1

Love the new dashboard.

I am german user, please rename german translation " Armaturenbrett " back in " Dashboard ". :blush:

Just installed 2.0 on my new computer... oh my goodness.  Activating it now.  Gonna familiarize myself with it but I'm sure I'll figure it out in no time, I'm a fast learner :)

Hello there, i have a problem with the new version.I've checked ''Scan for rootkits'' and the scan takes forever.It's stuck at this point for like 20 minutes, is it normal or the scan stuck ?

mrbu4m.png

Ok, stucked again..The problem is caused by ''Scan for rootkits'', if i disable that, it scans without problems.

262r67o.png

Love the new Malwarebytes 2.0 version. Wish I would have had time to alpha and beta test but my time is very limited now. Teenagers!!! LoL

Thanks to everyone for the developing and making Malwarebytes the best on the market today  and thank you Marcin and Team staff. I miss being aound but I will be sure pop in from time to time. :P

Tim

Nice version upgrade, thanks.  One question: In 2.0 the rootkit scan option is deselected by default.  When I select it then run a scan, the scan runs just fine. Given that, is there any reason why I should not routinely keep "Scan for rootkits" selected?

It has caused some issues for some users, and it is not as robust a scan as the MBAR product is.

If it does not cause any issues on your computer then you may leave that option enabled. I have it enabled on my computers and it works fine. Also you can enable that option when you schedule a scan in the scheduler.

I have only seen the hang with the Custom Scan. I keep rootkits enabled with Hype and Threat scan with no problems.

Jim

Nice job, Not thrilled about the shift to yearly subscriptions

I mean i got in under the door by a long shot with that, But it still displeases me (Does anywhere still sell lifetime licenses? I know some physical units and unused codes are out there, And they're going to be limited in stock)