RubbeR DuckY

Introducing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0!

Hi Folks,

I went looking for the Portable version for v 2.0 but I could not find any Portable versions any more. I like to keep them on my Thumb drive for emergencies. Any word on Portables?

Thank You for the new version!!!! :D

Best Regards,

Crysta

Hello Crysta,

AFAIK there has not been een Malwarebytes supported portable version ever.

Congratulations to all the team members of Malwarebytes but still believe that some fine tuning is required to keep up with the great reputation of yours.

I usually can't stand people whining and criticizing free products, but I just want to get this off my chest.

I LOVE malwarebytes, it has helped me enormously in keeping a spyware free harddisk throughout the years. 

That said, I wanted to download this for a client today I was a bit shocked by what I saw. After installing, I thought I had accidentally downloaded some spoof software like "FixMyComputerNow_Pro" or what not. Huge banners and weird colour schemes were what I saw, along with a 50% screen filling pop-up saying I had to update. I'm used to a calm, subtle look with malwarebytes but this looked a lot like one of those troll apps that have buttons with "FIX REGISTER NOW" or "CLICK HERE FOR $1000". 

I am still uncertain if it's the real thing. What happened to the blue look? Why the huge red bar saying SCAN HAS NEVER BEEN RUN and a green(?!) button saying FIX NOW >> ?

This IS malwarebytes? If so, no worries, because all I care about is a clean computer. I just don't really understand the change in visuals.

Nevertheless, I really appreciate all the effort you put into it and props to you for keeping it all up to date!

@ dogmeat Rest assured, you have downloaded the right program, its the new version and it sure is quite a shock for those that did not test the beta versions.

The GUI changes are going to take some getting used too, I don't like the giant banners at all, but I can ignore those, I notice updating is WAY faster.

The biggest problem really is scan times have tripled, I went from 1 minute 30 seconds for a quick scan to 4 minutes 30 seconds.

Just updated a few computers, some Win7 and some XP.

On all computers, I did an install upgrade right over the existing 1.75 version.

It would be nice if the upgrade path would keep the settings for automatic updates and scans. So far on all the computers I have upgraded, the time for updates and scans have been changed to random times. I prefer to keep the settings I had before.

I understand those need to be put in there to protect those that perhaps forget to schedule them, but that should be done for a fresh install, one that had no previous version of MBAM installed or for one that had nothing scheduled. For those that do have them scheduled, those should be copied over from the previous version.

Is there a reson , after I updated from the the old Pro to the new Premium, that my license says just " Licensed"  It should say lifetime licenced to differentiate between the new 3 computer and the old Pro. Or am I being too finicky. :wacko:

Is there a reson , after I updated from the the old Pro to the new Premium, that my license says just " Licensed"  It should say lifetime licenced to differentiate between the new 3 computer and the old Pro. Or am I being too finicky. :wacko:

At the moment your probably being to finicky... if it says Licensed then your good to go as your license from your previous version was applied.

Thank you, MBAM, for honoring your current customer's lifetime licenses. That is huge. And very, very much appreciated.

Although I, like most other people, have a nagging sense of entitlement, I understand that you didn't have to do that - but you did.

Thank you so much for handling this move with such integrity. I hope your business model grows to be more and more of a shining example to the world.

God bless

I agree, I really appreciate all the work and wonderful protection I am getting for a minimal fee, I want to thank the whole development team and know I am here to support your further development in any way I can.

Hello jamjar,

Welcome to the Malwarebytes News forum.  My name is Nan and I will be helping you. 

You can simply install Malwarebytes Premium right on top of your existing Malwarebytes Pro v1.75 installation.   I did that on my computer and it worked great! 

Let us know if you have any comments or questions.

Best regards,

Updated to Free v 2.0 from v 1.75 GUI. The look will take some getting used to, but I think we will get used to it. :)

Thanks to all of you for your hard work coming up with the latest version.

Ron - W3FSY (58 years in Ham Radio).

I've not seen the new GUI yet, I'll install in a few days or whenever I have a chance, but I do want to say, that I love the current GUI.  I'll definitely miss it...

Thank you all for the great feedback. Rest assured, we're listening to all of it and have compiled a nice big list of things we can tweak in the UI to make it easier to stomach for those who loved the old version :)!

So do I need to run MBAR separately still or is the full functionality of that now incorporated in this new version (assuming I manually tick the check for rootkits box) ?

The rootkit scanning in MBAM 2.0 is not as robust as the separate MBAR product, as stated by staff and devs.  IMO, that means it doesn't hurt to keep MBAR around as well.

Great work guys as always. Just bought another life time license for my other system and all is good to go. :-)

I'm a user of the free version and I went back to 1.75. 2.0 is terrible, the scan takes more than twice as long and there is no quick scan any more. The Threat Scan is the one that takes forever. The desktop icon also goes blank after a few boots of the system. The new UI is also terrible with it's constant notices to upgrade.

I will keep using 1.75 until v2 is improved.