Introducing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0!

• Root Admin
I am overjoyed to announce the launch of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0. I know you've been waiting a very long time for this and so have we!

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 ships with a completely redesigned user interface to make the product easier to use, more informative, and to provide quicker access to key functionality. We have also built in and improved our Anti-Rootkit and Chameleon self-protection technologies, which have been in beta for the past year. Additionally, we've rewritten Malicious Website Blocking and improved native x64 support. Most importantly, our detection and removal engine was significantly improved under the hood and kicks even more malware butt! Finally, we’ve renamed to the Pro version to Premium to avoid confusion for home users. This is the biggest rewrite we have ever undertaken, and we hope you’re thrilled with the result.

With the launch of 2.0, we'll also be moving to a subscription licensing model, $24.95 per year. As more and more people have come to rely on us for malware protection and cleanup, our costs in bandwidth, hosting fees, infrastructure, salaries of our researchers, QA department, and more have grown immensely. Though our company is about more than just making money, we are a company and we do have to make money to pay our staff to continue doing what they love, which is fighting malware. The subscription model will help us to be sustainable for the future while staying true to our roots that we will always make malware cleanup free for everyone.

We will continue to honor existing lifetime licenses, meaning any users that already have a lifetime license for 1.x will continue to have a lifetime license for 2.0. We'll also be offering a few thousand more lifetime licenses at some point soon as a special offer, so keep an eye out! On top of all of that, new subscription licenses will be valid for 3 PCs, not just 1.

We could have gone other routes to make our business more financially sustainable, like adding toolbars or advertisements like many other security products have, but that's not the company we are. We believe that products should be nag-free and cleanup shouldn't cost our users a dime, and we're going to stay true to that. Scanning for and removing malware will be free in this new version and beyond! You didn't pay to get infected, you shouldn't pay to clean it up!

With all that said, you can download 2.0 here!

You can view the press release here and the FAQs for 2.0 here.

Also, we’re running a special Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 t-shirt giveaway. Visit here to enter.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Thanks, but the file I downloaded is called "mbam-setup-1.75.0.1300.exe".

Is that normal?

Can we update from within the product itself? (with the internal update)

Best regards,

François

It'll take a few minutes for all the updates to roll out but this download page has the 2.0 download: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Right now, you'll have to manually update to 2.0 using the above download link. We'll slowly start pushing the update that allows you to update within 1.75 next week.

CONGRATULATIONS MALWAREBYTES!!!

You all have worked so hard for this.... and I can't wait to install it and see how it is! :D

I applaud you for not moving to toolbars, advertisements, etc bundled with your product and/or showing while using your product.  That is one thing that I find most annoying and would definitely be a major turnoff.  Your company, employees, and product are full of integrity, and that can be rare to find these days.

Keep up the excellent work! :D

Sorry I meant RC :) strange they released the RC version which still has issues with exclusions replicating and scheduled scan times changing, I think from memory when I brought up the scan times changing before the answer I received was it varies up to 10 or 15 minutes depending on something or rather - at this moment the scheduled scan time is 24 minutes out of sync with the set time :huh:

The General settings tab still has it's issues as well.

Sorry I meant RC :) strange they released the RC version which still has issues with exclusions replicating and scheduled scan times changing, I think from memory when I brought up the scan times changing before the answer I received was it varies up to 10 or 15 minutes depending on something or rather - at this moment the scheduled scan time is 24 minutes out of sync with the set time :huh:

Yes, the exclusions issue is just a cosmetic bug and doesn't break any functionality so we didn't make it a major priority to fix for 2.0 but we will fix it in an upcoming update later on. The scheduled updates and scheduled scans which have the option to check for updates prior to the scan are randomized by +/- 15 minutes from the time the last instance of that scheduled task ran, at least that is how it is supposed to function.

So if one is already running the RC builds then no need to run the installer to this release.

Right?

Yes, that's correct :).

Hi Folks,

I went looking for the Portable version for v 2.0 but I could not find any Portable versions any more. I like to keep them on my Thumb drive for emergencies. Any word on Portables?

Thank You for the new version!!!! :D

Best Regards,

Crysta

Greetings Crysta :)

The only officially supported portable version of our product available is Malwarebytes Techbench although it is currently based on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 but it will be updated to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 in the near future.