False Positive on Complus Applications Folder

Luis Antonio

I was doing a full scan a few minutes ago and the results indicated 1 folder infected. That was weird because whhen i did a scan with kaspersky online scan an hour before it showed up nothing. And i did not click any infected websites. This results showed up when i updated my mbam to version 2022. Should i be worried? I removed the infected folder, is it ok? And i had scanned my computer twice this day with mbam so i found this weird. Here's the description:

Pastas infectadas: (Infected Folders)

C:\Arquivos de programas\ComPlus Applications (Rogue.MalwareCleaner) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

I was doing a full scan a few minutes ago and the results indicated 1 folder infected. That was weird because whhen i did a scan with kaspersky online scan an hour before it showed up nothing. And i did not click any infected websites. This results showed up when i updated my mbam to version 2022. Should i be worried? I removed the infected folder, is it ok? And i had scanned my computer twice this day with mbam so i found this weird. Here's the description:

Pastas infectadas: (Infected Folders)

C:\Arquivos de programas\ComPlus Applications (Rogue.MalwareCleaner) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Hi Luis! Glad to meet you! I got the same thing. I just posted the same question here also. I took a look inside the folder and it has zero bytes! its empty on mine.... but I'm not on the support team... lets wait for there reply! later yardbird

My scan found the same thing. Here is the logfile

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36

Database version: 2022

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

4/21/2009 8:35:13 PM

mbam-log-2009-04-21 (20-35-05).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)

Objects scanned: 95644

Time elapsed: 14 minute(s), 4 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 1

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

C:\Program Files\ComPlus Applications (Rogue.MalwareCleaner) -> No action taken. [3742513036276149838072836678013974777084613680784977868401348181777468668574807

984]

Files Infected:

ComPlus Applications. This folder contains files used by ComPlus applications. If there are no ComPlus applications installed on your XP machine, this folder will be empty. COM+ builds on the Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) integrated services and features, making it easier for developers to create and use software components in any language, using any tool.

I would suggest restoring it