Malwarebytes Anti-rootkit and Enterprise

Today I had an issue come to my desk where our corporate antivirus engine (Mcaffee) and our Enterprise MBam didn't catch a zeroaccess rootkit on some systems.

As I dug deeper the fix became the use of the MBam anti-rootkit and combofix.

I'm interested to get an idea of how might be able to incorporate the rootkit tool corporately.

Will this tool be an add on feature for enterprise in the future, incorporated in the program etc?

Thanks in advance.

Hi James!

MBAR is currently in Beta.  It is not currently implemented into Malwarebytes for this reason.  

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 will have MBAR technology implemented to get rid of rootkits.  Eventually, Malwarebytes 2.0 will be implemented into MEE and with it the anti-rootkit technology.  However, I do not have a timeframe for when Malwarebytes 2.0 will be implemented into MEE.

Until then, MBAR may be used to get rid of any rootkits you find.  However please be aware it is a beta product.

• 3 weeks later...