avast! / Ad-Aware, work together?

Hey, I hope this fits in PC Help. Anyways I heard that having two anti-virus tools can cause problems, so I was wondering if using both avast! and Ad-Aware is okay? The reason is, they both have sort of a real-time protection, I think. avast! has an On-Access Scanner, and Ad-Aware has an Ad-Watch Live/Realtime Protection. I thought that Ad-Aware was a simple ad-blocker at the time I downloaded it, but it appears to have a Scan tool as well, which makes it look like a lot like an anti-virus tool. But anyways, is it okay to use both at the same time? And if not, which one should I keep. Thanks. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fairly confident that Free Ad-Aware doesn't have any realtime protection, unless they've changed it in the last version or two. Ad-watch would be listed in your Free Ad-Aware product but not enabled unless you were using the paid version.

Guest victimized

Hey, I hope this fits in PC Help. Anyways I heard that having two anti-virus tools can cause problems, so I was wondering if using both avast! and Ad-Aware is okay? The reason is, they both have sort of a real-time protection, I think. avast! has an On-Access Scanner, and Ad-Aware has an Ad-Watch Live/Realtime Protection. I thought that Ad-Aware was a simple ad-blocker at the time I downloaded it, but it appears to have a Scan tool as well, which makes it look like a lot like an anti-virus tool. But anyways, is it okay to use both at the same time? And if not, which one should I keep. Thanks. :angry:
I used to use Ad-Aware, but stopped when I found on some accounts that it deletes what it thinks it is viruses or stuff. I am trying to say that it might mess up some programs, so be careful what you delete. Avast is good too. Getting back to your problem, two antivirus tools on most accounts do not cause problems, real time protection slows you down a bit, so turn one off or only keep it on when you're doing stuff such as researching on google, use yahoo just to be safe.