No Longer 64bit?

V1RUX

I just re-read the change log just to be sure. I did see the mentioning of new architecture but nothing about going backwards to 32bit. I first noticed the change while adding programs to Avira's & Mbam's ignore list. My previous version of MBAE was listed as installed to C:/Program Files now it is under C:/Program Files(86x). I run Win8.1. Why the change to 32bit?

• Staff

Welcome to the forum v1rux.

Under the new architecture MBAE runs its service and GUI as a 32bit process. But MBAE protection for 64bit processes is still present and it runs as a 64bit process (check mbae64.dll, mbae64.sys and mbae64.exe in your installation directory). An easy way to verify this is to open a 64bit process such as IE64 and use procexp for check for mbae64.dll injected into the process.

Welcome to the forum v1rux.

Under the new architecture MBAE runs its service and GUI as a 32bit process. But MBAE protection for 64bit processes is still present and it runs as a 64bit process (check mbae64.dll, mbae64.sys and mbae64.exe in your installation directory). An easy way to verify this is to open a 64bit process such as IE64 and use procexp for check for mbae64.dll injected into the process.

Yes they do exist! Thank you for the quick reply. I plan on leaving the duplicate entries in Avira & MBAM just incase one day all the processes return back to the 64bit directory & I forget to check. Keep up the great work, this is good software!