[SOLVED] MBAE 1000 conflicts when Avast 2014 is running in Hardened Mode Aggressive

oldgeek

Last post closed:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=143528&p=798294

Hi pedro,

After installing mbae 1000 I had no problems for a while but they returned when I changed Avast to the Aggressive Hardened Mode.

When running MBAE and Avast 2014 together, if Avast is placed in Hardened Mode Aggerssive then System Restore will not work and if rebooted MBAE does not start and cannot be started manually.

In order to get out of this I restore an Acronis image and re-install both Avast and MBAE not setting the Aggressive Hardened Mode, it then works OK…

Hardened Mode Moderate seems to work OK also.

Logs attached.MBAE 1000 Logs.zip

• Staff

From my understanding and from what other people have reported here, here and here, Avast Hardened Mode Aggressive needs to first white-list MBAE before it allows it to run normally.

Try installing MBAE while Aggressive mode is on. It should prompt you to allow all of MBAE's operations and if you approve them all, they should run alongside just fine.

From my understanding and from what other people have reported here, here and here, Avast Hardened Mode Aggressive needs to first white-list MBAE before it allows it to run normally.

Try installing MBAE while Aggressive mode is on. It should prompt you to allow all of MBAE's operations and if you approve them all, they should run alongside just fine.

Thanks Pedro,

I'll try some more things, at the present if I want to do a system restore, I just turn off hardened mode and it works OK.

I hope I'm not missing something but is this system specific?

I run Avast on 2 OS's (xp & W8.1) both Hardened Mode set on "aggressive" and MBAE .1000 with no issues at all, so was just wondering :)

I hope I'm not missing something but is this system specific?

I run Avast on 2 OS's (xp & W8.1) both Hardened Mode set on "aggressive" and MBAE .1000 with no issues at all, so was just wondering :)

Wilpower, I believe that here it’s going to be my W7 OS that is the problem.

I haven’t been able to pinpoint it yet but it may take an install repair to cure it. I really hope not because all my libraries are relocated on a second drive and install repair tries to put them back on the Boot disk and gets them really screwed up. I’ll probably have to bite the bullet and just do it.lol

Wilpower, I believe that here it’s going to be my W7 OS that is the problem.

I haven’t been able to pinpoint it yet but it may take an install repair to cure it. I really hope not because all my libraries are relocated on a second drive and install repair tries to put them back on the Boot disk and gets them really screwed up. I’ll probably have to bite the bullet and just do it.lol

Ah, OK then. Security software, go figure.

I hope you get er figured. :)