Appearance of Pro vs. Free

I downloaded a trial of MBAM Pro, used it for a few days, than downloaded a new trial because I suspected that my original download may have been damaged by  a virus (MSE 2010).  The old and new perform the same as far as I can tell, and the trial countdown continued from where it left off.  I have about three days left.

Here is my question.  Should the header on each of the screens  include the word "Pro?"  

As I recall, my first download said "Malwarebytes Pro."  The current download says "Malwarebytes."  With the exception of that header, which I could be misremembering,  all else seems the same between my first and second downloads.  Both seem to have all the "Pro" features.

I'm asking because I want to purchase the Pro version, but if there is something wrong with what I have on my machine now, I will get a  fresh download before activating my purchase.

Running Win 7,  with MBAM vers. 1.75.0.1300

Thanks in advance.

Jerry 

Hi, jerryg:

I downloaded a trial of MBAM Pro, used it for a few days, than downloaded a new trial because I suspected that my original download may have been damaged by  a virus (MSE 2010).

If you think you might be infected, then it might be a good idea to have a malware expert assist you with checking the system first, to be sure it is clean.
(Installing and running MBAM and other security programs can sometimes be problematic if the machine is already infected.)
To do so, you might want to follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware analyst will guide you through the scanning and cleanup process.

I'm asking because I want to purchase the Pro version, but if there is something wrong with what I have on my machine now, I will get a  fresh download before activating my purchase.

<Once the 15-day trial of MBAM PRO has expired, the program will revert to the Free version as an on-demand, manual scanner.>

Once you're sure your system is clean, if you have already installed the trial of PRO a couple of times, the cleanest thing might be to just do a clean reinstall of MBAM PRO.

To be safe, I probably wouldn't make any online purchases from this computer UNTIL it has been checked by one of the malware experts, as suggested above.

Instructions are here; you would use Method 1: MBAM Clean Removal Process.

If you are offered the free trial of MBAM PRO during the install wizard, just disable/un-tick that option.

Instead, use your license ID/key to "Activate" the PRO version, as shown >>HERE<< and >>HERE<<.

Hope this helps,

daledoc1

Thanks for the effort that went into your response, daledoc 1. 

At this point I do not think my machine is infected.  MBAM responds as it should to simulated spyware, Avast, MS Defender, and MBAM scans all report clean, and I've seen no sign of infection for at least the last week.  

So, I'd still like an answer to: Should the word "Pro" appear in any of the screen headers of MBAM Pro?" 

Jerry   

Hi, daman1:

Actually, I don't think your reply answers the OP's question??? ;)
I think he understands that a valid, uncorrupted installation of MBAM PRO would show "PRO" in the GUI.
If I understand jerryg correctly, I think he has reported the fact that his current PRO trial does not show the "PRO" wording in the GUI???

EDIT: Thanks, Firefox, for the clarification about the TRIAL of MBAM PRO.

@jerryg:

Since you have reinstalled the PRO trial at least twice (perhaps without following the recommended MBAM Clean Removal Process?), there may be some minor corruption of your current installation.

The easiest way to resolve this would be EITHER:

• A clean reinstallation following the tutorial in the above-linked pinned topic (as previously suggested); OR
  • Try to "Activate" your current installation using your paid consumer MBAM PRO license ID/key -- if that fails, go back to Step 1.

If neither of these solutions is satisfactory, please wait for a staff member to advise you further.

Thanks for your patience,

daledoc1

I'm not sure, John.  I first noticed a couple of days ago that it was not showing "Pro" anywhere in any of the page headers.  I think the first install did. (It's not exactly the kind of thing one pays a  lot of attention to :).)

I'm hoping that someone out there with the Pro version can take a quick peek at the page headers and tell me if "Pro" appears anywhere.

Thanks,

Jerry  

@jerryg:

YES, properly activated PRO installations show "PRO" in the upper right corner. :)

And, as Firefox explained, a properly functioning Trial installation shows "Trial". :)

If you are running a properly functioning Trial version that lacks that wording in the GUI, then it might be some minor corruption, perhaps as a result of having reinstalled it.

Two suggested options have been provided in previous replies.

Cheers,

daledoc1

• Root Admin

If you continue to encounter any issues please run the following scans and post back the logs.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply as well.

Please create an mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please do not copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, instead please attach the log CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post

Thanks