[SOLVED] MBAE blocking Excel

robbl

• 2 weeks later...

Btw does this happening by simply opening Excel or by double-clicking on an .XLSX file?

Sorry, been distracted ....

It occurs when starting excel from taskbar or start menu.

Interestingly, when starting from a document I get the attached pop up

post-157421-0-49071400-1394484823_thumb.

Cheers

Rob

I am also having this problem.  Excel 2010 was working fine today until I turned off protected view.  Now every time I try to open it I get the "Exploit Attempt Blocked!" box.  I have been opening Excel from the Office folder on the C: drive as recently when I attempt to open Excel files any other way I just get a Windows Installer box.

mbae-default.log

Hi John

Mine is the same version number as your office but 32 bit. no exclusions, all addins turned off and running Excel in normal or safe mode.

Lot's of other MS software on the PC though, so it might be something outside of excel.  Eg Visual Studio 2010 (with tools for Office and macro tools)

cheers

Rob

Might be the Macros for Office.  I think I have VS 2010, I know I have VS 2013 - I can try installing either one and seeing if that makes a difference, but it will be a couple of hours before I can readily do so, if you do not mind waiting.

So it might be the VS itself - or it might be that the Excel executable is somehow (partially) compromised.

I wonder if you can download and install the Office SP2 file and see if it fixes the issue, as it should patch / replace your Office Excel (and other Office files) to the latest SP2 version....

So it might be the VS itself - or it might be that the Excel executable is somehow (partially) compromised.

I wonder if you can download and install the Office SP2 file and see if it fixes the issue, as it should patch / replace your Office Excel (and other Office files) to the latest SP2 version....

I think it is already SP2 - 14.0.7113.5005 (I think 7015 was the start of the SP2 build numbers).

Hopefully the fix will do just that :)

I think it is already SP2 - 14.0.7113.5005 (I think 7015 was the start of the SP2 build numbers).

Hopefully the fix will do just that :)

Just here to mention the following: If you click the hyperlink shown in my screen shot for MSO 2010, it will open a dialog window showing your SP number.

Cheers,

daledoc1

post-29793-0-82536300-1394502204_thumb.p

But that info does not verify on the spot to make sure that all relevant .DLLs, executables, etc. are actually at the correct version.  I've seen it more than once where a single file gets reverted by a badly programmed third party app and the main application never really pays attention to the fact that it is using an older version of a relevant .DLL.

But since Pedro is onto something now, and he specifically said do not try updating again, it's a moot point.

• 4 weeks later...