Disabled.SecurityCenter)

pellizza

After scan with Mw

i got

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Not selected for removal.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Not selected for removal.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Not selected for removal.

I have disabled the security center long time ago...so it's only an advice?

• 2 weeks later...

I have this notification too and I don't want it! I am running a Symantec Corporate Edition, fully updated, and want it running to its full extent. I would have otherwise assumed this was a false positive (because it won't go away!), but through reading some posts here, it sounds like I'll be told it's something I did (willingly) and should therefore have mbam ignore it.

What I'd prefer is to FIX it! Please help.

My largest concern is that I've recently begun working from home and set up a User Account for myself so I can have all of my own MS Outlook Professional 2003 contacts, calendar, emails, etc. all seperate from my wife's, who uses the computers Administrator User Account. After setting up my User Account and importing my contacts, emails, favourites, etc. from my old office, I got this weird notifier telling me Symantec is disabled :) --- so I ran mbam and came up with this result. Upon restart, as I was instructed by mbam to resolve the problem, the Administrator User Account was completely GONE! :P Scared the bejesus out of me at first because I thought all of her data was gone, but it's still all there, just the User Account is gone (not even an option to select from the Welcome screen; it just directly logs into my User Account)

Hope you can help me fix this. Thanks.

mbam_log_2009_04_29__13_32_17_.txt

I've actually done it twice now, if you can believe that. What I want is to be able to have two User Accounts running properly, with full coverage from Symantec and be able to run mbam without it deleting the Administrator's User Account.

mbam_log_2009_04_29__13_32_17_.txt

I've actually done it twice now, if you can believe that. What I want is to be able to have two User Accounts running properly, with full coverage from Symantec and be able to run mbam without it deleting the Administrator's User Account.

Oh, forgot to mention that both times to regain the Administrator's account I've gone back to a System Restore point when things were running okay. Not sure if that matters, but figured I should mention it. Perhaps it wasn't even the right way to go about getting it back, but I really needed it (obviously) and it was the only way I knew to get it.

• Staff

Hi,

so I ran mbam and came up with this result. Upon restart, as I was instructed by mbam to resolve the problem, the Administrator User Account was completely GONE!
You appear to have a corrupted userprofile, most probably happened after an incomplete useraccount log off - when there are still registry hives loaded. In this case, Windows creates a temporary profile after reboot. A next reboot should normally resolve it.

Also see here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Anyway, This has nothing to do with mbam. Mbam doesn't delete userprofiles.

I suggest you contact Symantec with your problem, as I've seen this happen frequently with Symantec Corporate edition installed.

Hey, thanks. Like I said, after reading through your forums I seemed to come to the conclusion that this wasn't an mbam issue, so I appreciate you taking the time to assist me anyway; much appreciated.

So you think the user profile would be there after another restart? Interesting.

I also have access to McAfee Corporate Edition AV software. Would you recommend I use this over Symantec?

Thanks again.

• Staff
So you think the user profile would be there after another restart? Interesting.
It should, but that's not always the case.

Normally you should be logged on under a Temp profile now. A reboot clears that temp profile so the normal userprofile becomes available then. This is how Windows deals with corrupted userprofiles. However, in some cases, the profile stays corrupted, so in that case, it's a good idea to create a new profile instead and copy everything from the corrupted profile to the other.

Also see here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555473 - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;326688

I also have access to McAfee Corporate Edition AV software. Would you recommend I use this over Symantec?
If I had to choose between the two, I would stick with Symantec. :P

However, in some cases, the profile stays corrupted, so in that case, it's a good idea to create a new profile instead and copy everything from the corrupted profile to the other.

But it's the main Administrator account that's getting 'deleted', :) so I don't know what to do other than to do a System Restore.

If I had to choose between the two, I would stick with Symantec. :)

Just did a search on your site for "McAfee" and it seems to be a bit of a nightmare with that Combofix thing, so I'll heed your advice and stick with Symantec. :P Thanks.

But it's the main Administrator account that's getting 'deleted', :P so I don't know what to do other than to do a System Restore.

Is there a 'proper' way to switch and log in and out of each account that perhaps I'm not doing and causing this trouble?

*still have to read the MS links you provided.

Just create a new account with Admin privileges (as instructed on the MS Site)

But yes, try to perform a System restore first - after you have at least rebooted twice, because it may already resolve it then.

The first link you provided may also come in very handy and be a necessary fix.

Thanks yet again for all of your help. I should be good to go now!

This may help as it also speeds up Shutdown

User Profile Hive Cleanup Service

Brief Description

A service to help with slow log off and unreconciled profile problems.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en <== Windows validation will be checked

See:

http://intelliadmin.com/blog/2006/07/why-w...-shut-down.html

http://windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/...e-uphclean.html