as a paying customer, you may contact the help desk here

As a paying customer of MBAM, basically you would contact them by filling out a form, and the support is done via email instead of over at the appropriate section of this forum. The support staff would send you instructions and you in turn would follow them, then send them log files via email. They may have other tools available that may make things easier for you.

I hope this is what you were asking about, if not let me know. They did offer at one point, where they had a paid for support version, where you would call a support number and then someone would help you over the phone (and possibly remotely) but that is no longer offered.

To resolve the issue then please contact Consumer Support, or, if you are a business, educational, technician or non-profit customer, then please contact Corporate Support (make sure to include your order number if contacting Corporate Support), and one of our Support team members will assist you promptly.

The support staff would send you instructions and you in turn would follow them, then send them log files via email. They may have other tools available that may make things easier for you..........Forum or email still require some computer knowhow and confidence and I am very short of both.

They did offer at one point, .......................... help you over the phone (possibly remotely) but that is no longer offered...........Having been helped remotely on a few occasions, I suppose that is what I was really looking for.

And just to clarify a bit, paying customer just means that you have a paid license for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO or one of our other paid products.......Thanks for that. I do have the paid-for Pro version but wrongly thought that they were offering  a remote service for a fixed or variable fee.

Thanks for the clarification guys, I will now move on to plan B which is save all that I can from this computer, but keep using it until  the problem, (whatever that is), with it takes the whole thing over.

Thanks for the clarification guys, I will now move on to plan B which is save all that I can from this computer, but keep using it until  the problem, (whatever that is), with it takes the whole thing over.

Well that is a plan, but if the computer is infected and you continue to use it as such, you well find yourself vulnerable to getting even more malware on it. Even worst your security and files can be stolen (of course depending on the infection). Using your computer while its infected on the internet can lead to your Credit Card numbers and info being stolen as well.  If you access any online banking, its possible that they will get that info too.

Its best to stick with Ron in your topic HERE and have it cleaned up.  Just saying....

Well that is a plan, but if the computer is infected and you continue to use it as such, you well find yourself vulnerable to getting even more malware on it. Even worst your security and files can be stolen (of course depending on the infection). Using your computer while its infected on the internet can lead to your Credit Card numbers and info being stolen as well.  If you access any online banking, its possible that they will get that info too.

Its best to stick with Ron in your topic HERE and have it cleaned up.  Just saying....

If your post was intended to frighten me, then congratulations, you succeeded brilliantly. However, I now find myself in a catch 22 situation where I realize that there is a problem with my computer, have the available expertise on this forum to help me sort the problem out, but dont myself have the confidence or ability to follow the advice given. When I tried to follow Ron's first step "Please enable your system to show hidden files: How to see hidden files in Windows" and a window appeared warning me of the dangers of unchecking boxes, I just panicked and gave up.

Consequently, after reading your reply, I have suspended my online banking accounts as well as my membership with Amazon, E-Bay and other businesses and in future will access this computer only when absolutely necessary. That said, I do have the use of a laptop and will access the forum from that.

My reply was not meant to frighten you, rather it was meant to educate you on the possibilities of what could happen if you continue to use a computer that is infected and connected to the internet. That being said, if you are not comfortable following the instructions, have a friend or relative that is perhaps more computer savvy help you with the steps. Also you could always take it in to a repair shop that can fix it for you.

Either way, the computer is yours to do with as you please and we are only here to help you. Should you decide to continue with fixing it here, with the help of a friend, simply let us know...