Can't connect to Internet or run Malwarebytes

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

weVCzW0.jpg Please download TDSSKiller

• Double click TDSSKiller.exe
  • Press Start Scan but do nothing else as we are just looking for what is there.
  • If Malicious objects are found, select Skip by changing the Cure dropdown in the upper right.
  • Attach the log in your next reply
    • A copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\)

----------

This computer was in my office at work and I got a new one, windows 7 and I brought this one home. It sat in my office for 6 months not used and I forgot about the virus. I do not remember not being able to go on the Internet, but I do remember the virus, a bunch of files missing and programs were moved, but not removed. Don't know if this is helpful. Thank you for your continued assistance...

Is this computer still used for work or is it just for your personal use?  If it were yours and you had the disk......after sitting for 6 months and not being used, it seems that you could just reinstall the system.  Have a clean new system with everything working properly?  

No that is not what I am saying....    I am saying that is an option, but let's keep working.  :)

Run a new scan with Farbar Service Scanner and post the new log please.  

Jeff, good morning or good afternoon, I have attached the files you requested. Two files were ran without lstbcd and drivers mds checked and two files were ran with added after indicating the boxes were checked. I noticed when I ran them this time that thos boxes were not automatically checked like the others so I checked them.

Thank You!

Addition.txt

Addition With.txt

FRST.txt

FRST With.txt

Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the Desktop as fixlist.txt 

(Akamai Technologies, Inc.) C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Local Settings\Application Data\Akamai\netsession_win.exe(Akamai Technologies, Inc.) C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Local Settings\Application Data\Akamai\netsession_win.exeHKU\S-1-5-21-484763869-1606980848-839522115-1254\...\Run: [Akamai NetSession Interface] - C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Local Settings\Application Data\Akamai\netsession_win.exe [4489472 2013-06-05] (Akamai Technologies, Inc.) <===== ATTENTIONSearchScopes: HKLM - DefaultScope {0BC6E3FA-78EF-4886-842C-5A1258C4455A} URL = http://search.imgag.com/?appid=wsdt&component=&c=GNWDO59900&sbs=2&sc=2&f=web&vernum=3.1.5.7620&uid=0&did=%7bacbb170b-e153-4e42-9e92-4fecb90a6786%7d&q={searchTerms}SearchScopes: HKLM - {0BC6E3FA-78EF-4886-842C-5A1258C4455A} URL = http://search.imgag.com/?appid=wsdt&component=&c=GNWDO59900&sbs=2&sc=2&f=web&vernum=3.1.5.7620&uid=0&did=%7bacbb170b-e153-4e42-9e92-4fecb90a6786%7d&q={searchTerms}SearchScopes: HKCU - {0BC6E3FA-78EF-4886-842C-5A1258C4455A} URL = http://search.imgag.com/?appid=wsdt&component=&c=GNWDO59900&sbs=2&sc=2&f=web&vernum=3.1.5.7620&uid=0&did=%7bacbb170b-e153-4e42-9e92-4fecb90a6786%7d&q={searchTerms}BHO: No Name - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} -  No FileBHO: No Name - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} -  No FileS3 Oefilvc; No ImagePathC:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Local Settings\Application Data\Akamai\netsession_win.exeC:\Documents and Settings\Copy of teresa brown\Local Settings\Temp\pixsetup.exeC:\Documents and Settings\Copy of teresa brown\Local Settings\Temp\ppadsetup.exeC:\Documents and Settings\Copy of teresa brown\Local Settings\Temp\setup_wm.exeC:\Documents and Settings\Copy of teresa brown\Local Settings\Temp\sp31598.exeC:\Documents and Settings\Copy of teresa brown\Local Settings\Temp\uninst.exe

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
----------

Post the log created and let me know if you can access the internet.  :)

Hi,

I need a log from Farbar Service Scanner please....not FRST.

Here are the instructions from post three....

ywca7TI.jpg Please run Farbar Service Scanner.

• Make sure the following options are checked:
    • Internet Services
    • Windows Firewall
    • System Restore
    • Security Center
    • Windows Update
    • Windows Defender
    • Other Services
  • Press "Scan".
  • It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

----------