Another forum asked me to post here re: Infection

Hi all,

I began this journey with a post about non-printable characters in the log file which I personally think is just a bug in the Malwarebytes programming as this occurs only in the IP blocking logs and not in the file scan logs. See the attachments in the post for examples.

In the above discussion I was directed here as there were "many things" going on with this computer.  The various log file are attached:

CheckResults.txt

Attach.txt

DDS.txt

and

mbam-log-2014-02-07 (14-24-39).txt

protection-log-2014-02-07.txt

the response in the previous discussion was "you have some services failing as well as some PUP that need some attention" and I was directed here.

I am running the PRO version 1.75.0.1300 build date 4/4/2013.

Hello joeuser,

Have you resolved your issues? If not, please do a new scan as outlined here.

Start your MBAM MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware.
Click the Settings Tab and then the General Settings sub-tab. Make sure all option lines have a checkmark.
Then click the Scanner settings sub-tab in second row of tabs. Make sure all option lines have a checkmark.

look down the screen to Action for potentially unwanted programs PUP &
look down the screen to Action for potentially unwanted modifications PUM &
Action for peer-to-peer software P2P

For each one of the 3
select "Show in results list and check for removal" from the drop down (arrow) selections.

Next, Click the Update tab. Press the "Check for Updates" button.

If prompted for a Restart, do that.

When done, click the Scanner tab.
Do a Quick Scan.

When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.

When all done, ATTACH the MBAM scan log into a new reply for my review.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!