[SOLVED] MBAE blocked opening default browser after Flash updated

Wizcrafts

On February 4. 2014, Adobe released a patched version of Flash Player. I chose to log into my administrator level account to update Flash, rather than my usual Standard User account (Windows 7).

I ran the Flash update from the official Adobe Flash Player download page in Firefox, my default browser, and as is my custom, first downloaded the ActiveX version for IE. I ran the ActiveX updater to completion, with Firefox open. Instead of Firefox opening a Success page, as it usually does, I got a pop-up box from MBAE, telling me it had blocked an exploit attempt. Hmmm.

Then, I downloaded the Flash update for Firefox. Upon completion, I clicked to close the Adobe updater and instead of having Firefox open a tab to the success page, I was greeted again with an Exploit Attempt Blocked popup, from MBAE.

I opened the MBAE interface to try to see why the new tab had been blocked and all I found were two log entries about a blocked browser exploit. I clicked on them, one at a time, but the Exclude button failed to activate. It was impossible to exclude this detection from MBAE.

I have since uninstalled the Beta version of MBAE, but thought you should know about this anomaly.

I also run MBAM in realtime mode, along with Trend Micro Titanium AntiVirus+.