Blue screen of death when running Malwarebytes

I am running Win 7 Home Premium, 64bit, service pack 1. I recently found "SearchDonkey" on my HP laptop and downloaded Malwarebytes and tried to remove it. The first time I ran Malwarebytes, my system crashed and I got the "blue screen of death" with no help. Prior to crashing, I watched to see what was found and knew at what point in the search that it crashed. I rebooted to a prior restore point. I reran the program and stopped it after it detected 9 problems but before the point that it crashed before. It detected Search Donkey and a few ad trackers, which I had removed. I rebooted and found the SearchDonkey still running in the sys tray.

I reran Malwarebytes and the system again crashed and took me to the blue screen.

Any thoughts on where to go  from here? I run Norton 360 and it is up to date. I turned of virus check and firewall in order to run the malware software.