Theart Detected

I was just wondering is there any way from the console to remove threats on the client computers, because right now the end user removes the treats after they are quarantined.
Because I don’t see anything in the management console that allows me to delete threats, or am I just overlooking that feature? I would like to remove the end user totally out of the picture as we all know they want check for months if that. That causes a lot of false positives.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Hi chitown!

When a threat is quarantined, it is no longer a threat to the system, and is as good as removed.  There is no danger to the system to leave the quarantined files there.

As you have mentioned, there is not a way to removed quarantined threats from the console at this time.  I will make sure our developers are aware of this as a potential feature in future builds.

I hope this helps.  Please let me know if you have any questions or need any clarifications.

Thank for your quick response, and yes that helped, but that brings up another issue I notice that some of my end-user had the free standalone version installed and after I pushed out the managed client it remained, which cause a conflict with console and now the managed client is unmanaged.  I guess the question that I’m asking is if the old version needs to be removed first and then redeployed. I can see that the client was installed successfully. I’m hoping I don’t to remove all of these manually but if I have to then I will.

Any help would be greatly appreciated again.

Thank you In Advance

Hi again chitown.

I recommend remotely uninstalling the free client from your client PCs, then repushing the MEE client.  

If you push out to the free version, as you mentioned, there may be errors during installation that make the client unmanageable (but still protected.)

You can do this from the Client Push Install tab by choosing "Scan network and detect client software."  This will show you only the clients that have some form of Malwarebytes installed.  From there you can remotely uninstall, then reinstall MEE.

• 2 weeks later...

Thx Lazz for all your help,

I ran into 1 will multiple issues it seems that about 80 computers on my network has the free version installed, and I can't uninstall them with the console "Uninstallation failed.  Managed client was not installed." is the error I'm getting.

The question I have is there a cmd line switch to uninstall malware?  I would like to add this to my logon script, or do I need to touch each PC individually?

To remove the free version, we do have a tool called MBAM Clean which can be used.

It can be downloaded from here: http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_clean

You can also add the switches "/silent /noreboot " for an easier time.

If you have a means of deploying this to your clients this may be an easy way for you to uninstall them.

Please let me know if this helps.