[SOLVED] Slowdown/FPs with Java-based apps

yigido

Hi! I have Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit 1.03.1.1220. But when the protection is enabled, Minecraft starts EXTREMELY slow (Minecraft is based on Java). Normally, it takes 5 seconds, but with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit enabled it takes about 40 seconds. I have uninstalled Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit due to that reason, but when it's fixed, I will enable it again.

Greetings, Viktor

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been using Minecraft Launcher 1.4.4. Anti-Exploit version 1.03.1.1220.

In the "Profile Editor" tab in the Minecraft Launcher, right-clicking on a profile and selecting "Open Game Folder" will have the launcher open a window to the game folder of Minecraft.

But the Anti-Exploit blocks it from happening. It also closed the launcher.

It also failed to give a "Exploit Attempt Blocked" notification occasionally. (which made me thought it was a Minecraft bug in the beginning).

The log showed cmd.exe blocked from executing through Java.

I have to stop the protection to make it open the game folder.

When stop and start the protection, my Firefox crashes. which becomes a pain.

• Staff

Hi pakhoi, this is a known issue and we are currently working on fine-tuning the Java shield. Please stay tuned for upcoming versions of MBAE to fix this.

Also if you don't mind I will merge your post with an existing thread about these issues.

• Staff

Hi Kurt, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. This is a known issue between MBAE and Eclipse which we are addressing currently for the upcoming version 1.04.

In the meantime I'll merge your post with an existing thread about this Java FP if you don't mind.

Thanks!

Some programs started slowing right down immediately after installing MBAE.

Google Chrome sometimes hangs for a while when I try to load a page - sometimes preventing the page from loading at all.

Loading up Minecraft slows down considerably when MBAE is active, particularly when first launching the game from the launcher, when first loading the multiplayer server list and when refreshing the multiplayer server list (I'll record a video of this if necessary).

In some instances I was having to wait upwards of 15 seconds for both programs to stop hanging.

All problems are fixed immediately upon deactivation of MBAE.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.rar

• Staff

Welcome to the forum Kofey and thanks for posting with details and logs.

The issue with Minecraft is known and we are already working on a fix for it. Please stay tuned for the upgrade to 1.04. Once it's released you will receive an upgrade notification so there's nothing you need to do for the upgrade to occur.

As for the issue with Chrome, do you have any other similar programs running like EMET or HMP.Alert?

Btw I'll merge your post with an existing thread for Java-based slowdowns/FPs.

Welcome to the forum Kofey and thanks for posting with details and logs.

The issue with Minecraft is known and we are already working on a fix for it. Please stay tuned for the upgrade to 1.04. Once it's released you will receive an upgrade notification so there's nothing you need to do for the upgrade to occur.

As for the issue with Chrome, do you have any other similar programs running like EMET or HMP.Alert?

Btw I'll merge your post with an existing thread for Java-based slowdowns/FPs.

Thanks pbust. I'll keep an eye out for the update.

I do not have any similar programs running - only MBAM and MSE.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am using the most recent version of Anti Exploit v1.03.1.1220 (free version)

Trying to install Multibits (bitcoin wallet) from https://multibit.org/ on Windows 7 64-bit is stopped by your software, I get "Exploit attempt blocked" warning.

I have noticed a previous post in this forum of another (but maybe similar) false positive regarding multibits:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/140015-malwarebytes-deleted-multibit-and-i-now-cannot-find-my-bitcoin-wallet/

Thank you

• Staff

I just tried the install with the same 1.03.1.1220 and it installed just fine.

Can you please attach all your MBAE logs as detailed here?

NOTE: OK I was able to replicate it now. This will be fixed with the upcoming 1.04 version of MBAE. In the meantime simply stop MBAE temporarily while installing Multibits.

post-141843-0-51796900-1405032603_thumb.

NOTE: merging this with the existing thread about desktop-based Java apps.

Ever since I installed MBAE on my computer, I've noticed more lag errors in the server console than ever before. Turning MBAE off and restarting the server seems to solve the problem. Is there a way that I can make my server an exception to the MBAE Java protection shield? I love MBAE and what it does, but it seems that sometimes it actually ends up causing problems.

I have the free version now for about 2 weeks

The Java Auto Update on my PC informed me that update vers7/65 was avail.

I clicked to activate it and was immediately prevented from downloading it by Anti-Exploit

I had to go to the Java website and manually download it myself.

The log does state that it did stop my attempt to update Java on two occasions.

After I manually updated it it said it was then protected !!

Other times I may click a link....and my browser starts searching for the link but stops, that page has no writing in it at all, and a pop up in a box with a red cross in the corner appears saying in effect "unable to find the page www.( whatever the link was) 

This has only happened since I installed the free Anti Exploit

Any Ideas ??

• Staff

This is a known issue and has been fixed in the upcoming MBAE 1.04. I'll send you a PM with a link to download a preview so that you can verify the fix.

Btw I'll merge this with the existing thread for Java-based FPs and slowdowns.

It's a known issue sometimes with the Java shield. It is fixed in version 1.04 which I will send you via PM so you can verify that it is fixed.

Btw I'll also merge this post with the existing thread for the Java FP/Slowdowns.

Well, The other issue is that i can't seem to disable it, Turning off the program causes it to still block things, And it won't respond to Task manager's attempts to close it

• Staff

Hi Tiare, some questions please:

1- How are you trying to disable it? Optios are right-click on the traybar icon and clicking stop protection, opening the GUI and clicking stop protection, or stopping the windows service.

2- If you want to close mbae.exe (the MBAE user interface) from the TaskManager you may have to open TaskManager as admin user. But it is easier to simply right-click on the MBAE traybar icon and choose Hide Icon. If what you are trying to close is mbae-svc.exe (the MBAE protection service) then it is simpler to right-click on My PC, then Manage, then Services and then locate and stop the "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Service".

I just tried a Java update but AE blocks the update process. The Exclude button is greyed out and I can't seem to change this any way. Can someone tell me how I can allow Java, via cmd.exe, to update?I know all the problems surrounding Java but that is not the issue. I want Java to update so I always have the latest one installed. Blocking updates simply compounds the problem.