yigido

[SOLVED] Slowdown/FPs with Java-based apps

Hello guys,

I downloaded today the newest version of NetBeans IDE (PHP & HTML5, version 8.0). From the first moment I began to install the program I received an alert (Anti-Exploit  10.3.0100).

I tried to exclude the installation .exe file but it didn't help. Every time I excluded the file I received a new alert in a different phase of the installation, until I finally decided to shut down the protection.

Is there any option to upload to logs ? I can't see any way to copy the logs from the software itself, or a debug file in the software folder.

Thank you.

Thanks for reporting and welcome to the forum.

If you click on the "More Reply Options" button at the bottom right of the forum you'll see an option to attach files to your posts.

Hi Intersys, the log files are located in the ProgramData directory. The file path for my Win 7 machine is: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. To access the ProgramData directory you will need to click on Folder Options and select the View tab. Next click on Show hidden files, folders or drives. Then you can zip the contents of this Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit folder and add it as an attachment in your next post using the More Reply Options as Pedro mentioned. Hope this info is helpful to you and don't forget to go back into Folder Options and change that setting back to default as that is a built in Windows security feature.

Best wishes, Ritchie...

Actually Ritchie that's in the alpha version you're testing. In the public 0.10.3.0100 the logs are under C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. We changed this in the next version to avoid the conflict with MBAM's Self-Protection module.

Unifying these two threads as both relate to slowdowns of Java-based apps.

Any word on one Java Desktop apps will be supported. We have custom (financial services) applications that launch from the java cache and are being blocked. Currently as the application is launched a new unique session is created. As of now I have to totally uncheck the java box because the application we run is very important to our business.

This is something we'll re-architect very soon (java shield) in an upcoming version.

In the meantime If you are using this in a business environment better contact us and get access to the Malwarebytes Management Console.

"Just" as in today? The new Management Console which also manages Anti-Exploit only released today.

Nice, thanks for purchasing. If you have any problems with Anti-Exploit feel free to contact me directly at pbustamante at malwarebytes dot org.

Every time I run the Android SDK package manager, and it attempts to install updates for the platform tools, the build tools, or adb via java.exe, MBAE throws an exception up and blocks the install.  I've added adb to the exception list, but when the SDK package manager is updating the build tools, it is replacing the adb.exe and that throws the exception, canceling the installation, and then breaking the SDK package manager.

As this is a known issue with Java-based apps I'll move it to the Product Support forum and merge it with the existing thread there. If you can post the MBAE logs that would be useful as well as we'll be looking at this issue soon.

This makes a Java app (Routeconverter) unusable. So I have taken to running it in a sandbox as MBAE doesn't work with Sandboxie. There is no doubt whatsoever that MBAE is the cause.

Recently installed MBAE.  I think this is a terrific idea and hope the product works as advertised.  I run Avast (free) as my anti-virus.  Avast notified me that there is a Java update available, but Java would not update within the Avast software updater tool.  So I went into Windows 7 control panel, opened the Java  control panel and tried to update from there.  That is when MBAE blocked the update (exploit attempt blocked).  Is this normal, or do I have some sort of issue?  I ran Avast and everything was clean.  Windows 7 with all Windows updates.  Thanks.

Yes very soon we'll take on a small redesign of the Java shield to fix these issues.

Pedro,

Do you guys have a release timeline for this product? As a business customer I would expect there was some sort of roadmap on when features would be available. Any idea?, as I am eagerly awaiting the fix for Java apps. 

Also as a suggestion, for the administration console, would it be possible to add an email alerting feature. In the event an exploit is seen, an email is sent to the administrator notifying him of the event?

We do have a release timeline and roadmap, but it's not published publicly. As for modification of the Java shield to reduce conflicts with desktop Java apps, this is something we are prioritizing as more companies have  requested it due to many org's dependance on Java apps. If you want email me privately and we can discuss these issues more in-depth and share more details from our roadmap with you.

MBAE (free) log info = "cmd blocked from executing through Java".

W7 Home Premium 64 bit; Java 32 bit.

Disabled MBAE to successfully check for Java updates.

Where did you try to update from (Control Panel applet, Java update from the traybar notification, ....)?

Can you also please post the MBAE logs?

Where did you try to update from (Control Panel applet, Java update from the traybar notification, ....)?

Can you also please post the MBAE logs?

Tried to update via the Control Panel... just tried it on a 2nd machine with the same result.

How would you like me to post the logs (other than copying/typing) ?

Further info :  had 'up to date' MBAE version prior to beta release. MBAE didn't block manual, Control Panel update attempt.