PUP:Optional.SearchProtection.A infection

Hello,

the problem started since some months when surfing the Internet, with the IE Ver.11, I noticed that my Laptop became slow and writing an email or in forums there was a delay between typing and seeing the letters on the screen. Also, watching a Video in YouTube it was like a slide show.

At first I thought it might be a virus so I made a full scan with my Norton360 but found nothing. Immediately I downloaded the free Version of Malwarebytes, made a Quick-Scan and it found two PUP.Optional.SearchProtection.A entries. I selected remove and automatically they moved to Quarantine.

The first under the Category: File and Object: C:\ProgramData\Search Protection\Search Protection.exe

The second, Category: Registry Value and Object: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Run\Search Protection.

After that, there is a Problem when I start my Laptop. There are times where it starts normal with no problems, there are other times where after inserting my password I see only a black screen and the mouse cursor, or other times where it goes a bit further and I see my Desktop Icons and then freezes.

I'm confused of how I got these PUPs. I use my laptop only for the MS Flight Simulator and I only go to the dedicated simming sites.

I know that my computer is still infected but what can I do? Just deleting them from the quarantine and the problem is solved or there is a certain procedure that has to be made?

In case that there is a procedure then I hope that the step by step directions will be easy for me because I am not a Computer expert and I always have the fear that I will mess it up.

Thank you in advance.

Panos

Hello and :welcome: , EDDHpk:

It looks as if you already have an identical topic here in the same section for the same problem >>HERE<<? :)

Rather than creating multiple posts in this section, I would suggest following AdvancedSetup's advice in you previous post >>HERE<<.

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

Please review & follow the advice in that pinned topic.

One of the malware experts will assist you over in the malware removal section >>HERE<< with cleaning up your system.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

daledoc1

by AdvacedSetup saying:

Hello and :welcome: , EDDHpk:

It looks as if you already have an identical topic here in the same section for the same problem >>HERE<<? :)

Rather than creating multiple posts in this section, I would suggest following AdvancedSetup's advice in you previous post >>HERE<<.

Please review & follow the advice in that pinned topic.

One of the malware experts will assist you over in the malware removal section >>HERE<< with cleaning up your system.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

daledoc1

Hello daledoc1 and thank you for your fast help but I am a bit lost now becauseI was directed to come here by AdvancedSetup saying:

Hello :welcome:

The following topic explains what PUP is and why you're seeing it now
Malwarebytes Adopts Aggressive PUP Policy

This link will also provide more information as well as how to setup MBAM to automatically check them for removal if you like.
What are the 'PUP' detections, are they threats and should they be deleted?

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks