PUP.Optional.SearchProtection.A infection

Hello,

the problem started since some months ago, when I noticed that surfing the Internet with IE11 it became slow, especially when I was writing to forums, there was a delay during typing and seeing the words on screen. Also, watching videos at YouTube it was a slide show. I thought it was a virus so I downloaded the free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, I made a fast scan and it found 2 pup.optional.searchprotection.a. Both now are in quarantine. Since then, there are times where my computer starts normal but there are times where after I insert my password, the screen goes black with the cursor only visible.

Sometimes it goes further till i see my Desktop Icons and then freezes.

I really need a help but please bare with me because I am not a computer expert.

Thank you in advance.

• Root Admin

Hello and :welcome:

The following topic explains what PUP is and why you're seeing it now
Malwarebytes Adopts Aggressive PUP Policy

This link will also provide more information as well as how to setup MBAM to automatically check them for removal if you like.
What are the 'PUP' detections, are they threats and should they be deleted?

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks