Malwarebytes + alvira co-existance?

Several month ago i installed alvira professional security and during installation was advised to remove Malwarebytes. I did not choosed that option but have experienced compter delays and many problem during streaming from netflix and a few other sites. It seems to use a lot of compter resources at times which freezes up computer. Is there any information you have which can help me decide options i need to choose from to allow my computer to run better.

I am strongly considering uninstalling Alvira professional Secutity and trying something else though im not sure that Alvira is what is actually causing my computer problems. I use firefox and get a lot of unresponsive flash plug-in and silverlight plug in messages. Frank

Hello and :welcome: , axyun:

I think you are asking about whether Avira and MBAM are compatible for use on a home computer?
Is that correct?

This particular section of the forum is actually for discussion of a specific, professional, business product - MBAM Techbench.
So, the mod team might move this post to >>this section<< of the forum. :)

Having said that, it's a fairly common practice by the large AV vendors to recommend removal of all other security products, including MBAM.
It's largely a marketing strategy.
MBAM PRO is rigorously tested for use alongside most of the major, popular anti-virus (AV) products; it specializes in catching those sort of threats that are often missed by the big AVs.
That's what it's designed for!
So, MBAM PRO should be fine with Avira.

In some cases, it's necessary or helpful to temporarily uninstall MBAM before installing the AV.
Then, MBAM can be reinstalled.
Most users will have no issues, but some find it helpful to set mutual exclusions between MBAM and the AV.
If you tell us exactly what program and what version of Avira, we can assist you with that.

If you are having performance problems on your system, please follow the steps below and post back with both logs attached to your next reply.

They will help the staff and experts determine what might be going on.

Thanks,

daledoc1
-----------------------------------

DDS Instructions

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save it to your Desktop:
dds.scr
dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once it is downloaded, you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.
Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.
Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.
A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please attach both of the following logs to your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.