I ran Chameleon 4 times

Here is an item that kept remaining on my desktop:

C:\Users\Tre\Desktop\㩃䙜卒屔畑牡湡楴敮

...so I just shredded it with AVG.

I cannot seem to complete a re-install of Java. It keeps failing and saying 'try to finish installing at a later time'. 

Here's the latest from AdwClearer:

# AdwCleaner v3.017 - Report created 21/01/2014 at 11:44:54
# Updated 12/01/2014 by Xplode
# Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate  (32 bits)
# Username : Tre - TRE-PC
# Running from : C:\Users\Tre\Desktop\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{AE805869-2E5C-4ED4-8F7B-F1F7851A4497}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{AE805869-2E5C-4ED4-8F7B-F1F7851A4497}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{AE805869-2E5C-4ED4-8F7B-F1F7851A4497}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{AE805869-2E5C-4ED4-8F7B-F1F7851A4497}
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\0FF2AEFF45EEA0A48A4B33C1973B6094
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\305B09CE8C53A214DB58887F62F25536

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v9.0.8112.16526

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v26.0 (en-US)

[ File : C:\Users\Tre\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\t2orze1p.default\prefs.js ]

[ File : C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ql735cq2.default\prefs.js ]

-\\ Google Chrome v32.0.1700.76

[ File : C:\Users\Tre\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\preferences ]

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [2743 octets] - [20/01/2014 18:53:15]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [1970 octets] - [21/01/2014 11:43:47]
AdwCleaner[s0].txt - [1907 octets] - [21/01/2014 11:44:54]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[s0].txt - [1967 octets] ##########

Uninstall adwcleaner.exe (unless you want to keep it)

•  

•   Please close all open programs and internet browsers.

•   Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.

•   Click on Uninstall

• Click Yes at Would you like to Uninstall Adwcleaner

Next,

We need to remove FRST,  first it is very important to deal with its own Quarantine folder by using FRST itself..

OK, we continue:

Delete any fixlist.txt file previously used, continue:

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into.

NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). That will confirm the removal action, delete if successful.

Next,

Delete FRST.exe from your Desktop or the folder it was saved to, navigate to and delete its folder C:\FRST

Next,

Download "Delfix by Xplode" and save it to your desktop.

Double Click to start the program. If you are using Vista or higher, please right-click and choose run as administrator

Make Sure the following items are checked:

•    
  • Activate UAC

• Remove disinfection tools

• Purge System Restore

• Reset system settings

Now click on "Run" and wait patiently until the tool has completed.

The tool will create a log when it has completed. We don't need you to post this.

Next,

Uninstall any versions of Java that appear in the Programs and Features list, use the following if necessary

Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free

• Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it.
  • From the list of programs double click on The Program to remove
  • When prompted if you want to uninstall click Yes.
  • Be sure the Moderate option is selected then click Next.
  • The program will run, If prompted again click Yes
  • When the built-in uninstaller is finished click on Next.
  • Once the program has searched for leftovers click Next.
  • Check/tick the bolded items only on the list then click Delete
  • When prompted click on Yes and then on next.
  • Put a check on any folders that are found and select delete
  • When prompted select yes then on next
  • Once done click Finish.

Re-boot your PC when complete, tell me what issues or concerns remain. If none I recommend you update to Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Instructions to help:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/install-windows-7-service-pack-1

Let me know if the above steps complete OK...

Kevin

fixlist.txt

Ok, thank so very much for everything. All is well now. The DelFix removed everything, including Adw.   I hope I won't be needing it again anytime soon. ;)

I need to back up my C: drive before installing SP1, so that'll take about 24-30 hours.  I'll report back if any problems arise.

Thumbs up, VERY satisfied!! I cannot thank you enough. :)

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!