Computer Won't Boot after MBAM scan and removal

zerk67

Running XP HE SP3 on Dell Optiplex 745. Drive was nearing full and running slowly. I keep temp files deleted often and recycle bin empty. Ran AVG quick scan = no detections. Ran MBAM quick scan = no detections. Updated AVG and ran full scan = no detections. Updated MBAM and ran full scan = 2 detections, and I allowed it to remove the two. One of those had system32 in its name, and I wondered about (deleting) that. After allowing that, it said I had to restart to completely remove, so OK, did that.

Came up with a DOS screen of failed boot. It will not start in SAFE mode or with last known working configuration. Was backing up daily to MYPCBACKUP, but don't think it had a chance to back up the MBAM report. I have a replacement computer started now, which is a Dell Optiplex 760 running Vista with a bigger HD, How can I get that file I deleted back into the old computer so I can transfer all my files and favorites and address books to new computer?  I did not move the drive that will not boot to any other computer. But to post on this forum I had to have a computer that works, so I fired up another one. I cannot get the report from running the MBAM scan and clean because the drive will not boot up. So I can not post or attach it to a post. I am asking how to find out what the file was that was removed by the MBAM clean process and then how to replace it where it belongs on that original drive (which is still in the original computer loaded with stuff that I cannot access right now). Thanks

Thanks. I will try that when my wife brings the old PC back from a friend who is going to look at it as a favor to her. (Can't turn down offers like that). I guess I was overlooking those choices on the upper half of that black screen. I should have tried them.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!