Can I kill isuspm thru hijack this?

kalimba

I uncheck isuspm in my startup items but it keeps returning checked and running.

Is there any danger in running hijack this and checking off

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iSUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup

to get rid of this?

Thanks !

• 1 month later...
Guest victimized
I uncheck isuspm in my startup items but it keeps returning checked and running.

Is there any danger in running hijack this and checking off

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iSUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup

to get rid of this?

Thanks !

I see it is a process or running application. Right click on the task bar. Select task manager. Go to processes (if it is not a hidden process) and find it if you know the name and highlight it, end process. Now if it is an application for the task manager select applications and you will see it running if it does. Now you click end task.

Hello victimized :(

I believe the OP was inquiring how to disable the startup of the item, not just end the process for the current session, so using something that would disable the startup entry in the registry, such as HijackThis, Autoruns, msconfig or StartupLite would be required to accomplish that, at least without actually using regedit to delete the entry manually.