System Hangs and delayed services startup

We've had a few people have system hangs at logon after Mbam ENT was introduced. We have seen couple posts on some workarounds with regards to service start-up delay. We need some clarity on what is the proper service to put on delay and what does, if anything, does the setting "Startup delay" under Policy\Protection Settings play into this.

So summary is:

Should MBAMService or MEEClientService be set to Automatic (Delayed Start) or both.

Is the "Startup delay" setting under Policy\Protection used to address this issue? If not, why is it an option.

Based on what the proper way is to set these we also need to know how we can modify the package so that we don't need to visit a PC after pushing this from the console or group policy.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Hi jphelan!

The first option I would suggest trying is the "Startup delay" option in the policy settings as you mentioned.

If that does not help, you can look in the event viewer logs of the clients having this issue to verify which service is actually hanging. That will be the one you want to set to "Automatic (Delayed Start)"

Please let me know if this helps, or if you need additional clarifications.

• 5 weeks later...

That is a waste of time, I tryed the "Automatic startup delayed" on several services as instructed and nothing, the PCs keep "hanging" users need an affective resolution, we paid for an useless product untill you can resolve this issue. We don't need "additional clarifications", we need a solid good product for our money.

Hi Alrueda,

Again, we apologize for your experience. However, what may not have worked for your case, may still work for another and we try our best to try everything we can think of. I would like to ask again that you send me the case numbers or a way of looking up your cases in a private message so that I may review them for us, and find a way to better the future experiences of people seeking help. 

Thank you. 

Not sure if this helps at all but we were having the same issue with MEE until we adjusted the policy we were pushing remotely. If you edit the policy and go to the protection settings tab, you will see the startup delay option. If you uncheck that box under advanced settings, it will make a huge difference! We had several users contact help desk in regards to delayed startup and hangs. We haven't experienced the issue since we made the adjustment to the policy, or at least nobody has made us aware of the issue.