MBAM Removed Conduit Search. Antivirus Still Won't Startup

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your kids Desktop also normally connects via wireless connection, the speeds you posted earlier would seem to indicate a definite issue with wireless, hard wired gives good results.

I do not believe the laptop has any problems other than a bad wireless connection, as your kids Desktop also has a poor wireless connection there must be some sort of interference happening. I have no idea what that is or could be....

Maybe time to clean up and remove tools etc, maybe see if a driver update for the network adapter will help the laptops wireless connection,

What are your thoughts?

Kids desktop via wireless was faster than my desktop wired. 11.52 download vs 7.15, 1.13 upload vs 1.08. Will try updating wireless drivers on laptop and post back tomorrow. In the meantime, if you would like to post the clean up instructions, I'll start that process tomorrow as well.

Once again, I appreciate all your help.

My desktop, wired connection: 7.15mbps down, 1.08 up.

My kids desktop, wireless: 1.52 down, 1.13 up.

The infected laptop, .36 down, .56 up.

The readings above are what you quoted earlier?

Clean up as follows:

We need to remove FRST,  first it is very important to deal with its own Quarantine folder by using FRST itself..

OK, we continue:

Delete any fixlist.txt file previously used, continue:

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into.

NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). That will confirm the removal action, delete if successful.

Next,

Delete FRST.exe from your Desktop or the folder it was saved to, navigate to and delete its folder C:\FRST

Next,

Delete the following plus any logs that were created:

RKill

RogueKiller

MBAR

Next,

Uninstall adwcleaner.exe (unless you want to keep it)

•   Please close all open programs and internet browsers.
  •   Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  •   Click on Uninstall
  • Click Yes at Would you like to Uninstall Adwcleaner

Next,

Download "Delfix by Xplode" and save it to your desktop.

Double Click to start the program. If you are using Vista or higher, please right-click and choose run as administrator

Make Sure the following items are checked:

•    
  • Activate UAC

• Remove disinfection tools

• Purge System Restore

• Reset system settings

Now click on "Run" and wait patiently until the tool has completed.

The tool will create a log when it has completed. We don't need you to post this.

Let me know if those steps complete OK, also let me know if any remaining issues or concerns....

Fixlist.txt

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)<br /><br />If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.<br /><br />Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!